Imperial Hi Fidelity Extended Range Mono Amplifier

Simitavi

Looking for suggestions and looking to sell.

Out of the "Hanke Treasure Trove" comes a mono amplifier whose only name I can find is Imperial Hi Fidelity Extended Range on the front (see pics).

Turned it up with a Variac, and started fine.  It has three RCA plugs in the back, but no indicators of who does what.

I have a handy cassette player, and found that 2/3 inputs work.  When set to one of the inputs, sound comes out of an 8 ohm speaker when the selector switch was set to either Phono Mic, RIAA or LP.   When moved over to another RCA input, sounds comes out when selector switch set to Tuner.  However, when the 3rd RCA input was tried, and selector switch set to Tape....no sound.

Over all, Bass and Treble controls work fine, but the Volume was a little scratchy.

Anyone know who made this unit, and maybe its value?

Thanks,

Bill

post-60961-0-84420000-1426970147_thumb.j

post-60961-0-64260000-1426970156_thumb.j

post-60961-0-77020000-1426970164_thumb.j

post-60961-0-72460000-1426970173_thumb.j

Bill, I believe Imperial was one of the badge engineer brands for Allied/Radio Shack. While a delightful and cute example of a mono integrated from the 50s, I would move it at $40 to $50. Being mono, it would especially lend itself to high school guitarists looking for a head for their guitar rig. I would put it in Craigslist under musical instruments, so it would sell fast.

You may consider doing what I did, where you try to keep everything in a single thread. It makes it easier on you keeping track of everyone responding.

Edited by sheltie dave