Wireless Outdoor Speakers?

thebes

Got a customer and we were talking .  He wants to install outdoor speakers to listen to music while he's swimming in his pool, but doesn't want to run wires. Only things I can find are mp3 player type boom boxes and some sort of over priced battery-operated round cylinder thingy.

Anybody know of something decent,but not expensive, in wireless outdoor speakers?

Also he wants to set up a surround sound system, but wants wireless rears, and I suspect he's not not a hobbyist so probably not looking high-end, but better than the cheapie sound bar he's using now.

Any suggestions.

Oh, and he was thinking about Ponos, Conos, Pecos, Sonos whatever they call call that godawful sounding streaming thing, but, having heard one,  I suspect even Bose would be better than that junk.

Edited by thebes

Come on you wankers. 

I type my fingers to the bone to keep this place interesting. I ask one lousy  serious question and I get diddly.

I'm talking names on this one.  Let's get busy.

I bought some "wireless" gadget from Best Buy that I had to hook up for my Mom. It came with a receiver that plugs into HT receiver. Only catch is the speakers actually have wires that plug into a box that needs to be by the speakers. So it would require electricity by the speaker box. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks guys.  So far it looks like there's nothing that fits the bill that you could simply leave outside tucked away under an eve, without running some wires.  It looks like those discontinued rock speakers could  have been used outdoors with some other Klipsch (lightscribe or something), although apparently that Sonos stuff seems to have a outdoor unit.  But then you'd be stuck with that cruddy sound.

Keep'em comin lads!