Bs-81ii or rs-62ii for rears/surround?

maukjosh

I have a 7.2 system that I have the front(rf-82ii) biamped bringing it down to a 5.2 I'm using rf-52s for my rears/surround. Which I don't feel is enough I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra bucks to get the rs-62ii's or if I would be happy saving a buck and have plenty of low end getting the 81's.

I listen to a lot of music as well as movies. Please let me know your opinion if you have one. Thank you!

First of all, I like your idea of 5.2 bi-amped.  Plenty of people will disagree about bi-amping, but I think with some speakers it does NOT work, but in others it does.  If you bi-amp and it works for your ears, don't let anyone talk you out of it.

I think you would like the RF-62ii over the RB-81's for fronts.

This is just my 5 cents worth (used to be 2 cents worth, but, inflation!)  B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Thank you for your quick response! I'm thinking I'll be pretty happy with the rb -81's just trying to avoid the awe man I should of situation lol. And I agree with your theory my center is a rc-62 and I have a sw112 so I'm definitely off to a good start!

Thank you for your quick response! I'm thinking I'll be pretty happy with the rb -81's just trying to avoid the awe man I should of situation lol. And I agree with your theory my center is a rc-62 and I have a sw112 so I'm definitely off to a good start!

Absolutely agree!

The RC-62 is also highly regarded around here, and will match up really well with the RF-62's for an awesome L/C/R front.

+++

You said in your first post 5.2, so I assume two subs?  Or if you are talking AVR's, I assume you have an Onkyo which likes to brag about 7.2.  Whether one sub or two, you are doing OK.  B)

Absolutely agree!

The RC-62 is also highly regarded around here, and will match up really well with the RF-62's for an awesome L/C/R front.

+++

You said in your first post 5.2, so I assume two subs? Or if you are talking AVR's, I assume you have an Onkyo which likes to brag about 7.2. Whether one sub or two, you are doing OK. B)

Yes you are correct about the onkyo. And yes I have two subs they dont match yet but I will get there I have the 112-sw in the corner and a discontinued 8 next to my couch. Plenty of bass but still want the other matching 12. Lol