Dac

Hackett

Hi Everyone. 

I am having trouble trying to connect my computer wirelessly to my Marantz 6008.  For various reasons I decided to ignore that problem and put my flac music on a zip drive directly into the receiver.  However, now I see that I need a DAC device.  Do any of you use these?  Can you recommend one of good quality?  I have a great new RF-7II system and do not want to lose the feeling of quality that Kilpsch has given me. 

Best

H

Hi Everyone. 

I am having trouble trying to connect my computer wirelessly to my Marantz 6008.  For various reasons I decided to ignore that problem and put my flac music on a zip drive directly into the receiver.  However, now I see that I need a DAC device.  Do any of you use these?  Can you recommend one of good quality?  I have a great new RF-7II system and do not want to lose the feeling of quality that Kilpsch has given me. 

Best

H

Hackett,

Welcome to the forum.

Is the problem in your home network or in your 6008 itself?

Also if you do decide to use a usb flash drive, why would your need a separate DAC?  Wouldn't you just plug it into your front panel USB input and away you go?

Bill

Haha...I am such a newb!  

You both are correct, thanks for making my naive life a little more music friendly!

H

Brother, I think we were all there at one time.  I am still trying to figure it all out.

Bill