Strange problem...

NBPK402

I installed the new EVDH1A drivers (used), and ran REW... For some reason my 3 drivers are all dropping on the low end like a rock at 800-1k. The old drivers went to 300Hz if needed, but we had them crossed over at 500Hz. My 1/4 Pie Bass bins are also showing strong readings to 800 to 1k even though they are crossed over with the MiniDSP 2x4 at 500Hz to the horns with the same settings as before..

I am at a loss as to why the readings are so far off of what they were... Does anyone have any ideas why this would be happening?

tia,

Ron

post-55367-0-21060000-1436758053_thumb.j

post-55367-0-86140000-1436758085_thumb.j

Edited by ellisr63

What horn?

If it's the JBL 2360 you have a problem.

It may just be work-hardening of the diaphragms.

Do you have a new diaphragm to try?

It is with the 2360A horns... Strange thing is it is doing it on all 3 horns plus it is showing the 1/4 pie BBs going way higher than I think they should be going. I am using the same UMIK mic, and REW software. I almost want to say it is a problem with the software or mic, but I don't have a way of checking that out. It shouldn't be working the diaphragms hard as the test tones are no higher than 75db. I have a NOS diaphragm that I can test, but why is the 1/4 pie going so high when the MiniDSP is set to crossover at 500Hz?

Edited by ellisr63

I cleared the settings in the MiniDSP to default and set it up again... I see a problem, but I am not sure it is the complete problem.

old...

Old%20crossover%20setting_zpsjkw13xha.pn

now...

Current%20crossover%20setting_zpsmlx4mth

Why is it different when both settings are the same?