Help With My RC3

This is odd. I finally got rid of my C5 for a RC3 to match the RF3s in the front, I also have a pair fo 10.5s as rears. Anyway what I have noticed is that the woerd airy sound is coming from my center. The airy sound I'm talking about is similar to the one where you turn the volume up really high and the speaker seems to be yelling and if you listen really close you hear a sound like air being pushed out. I don't know if it is my imagination, if it is the speaker, or what. Any help would be appreciated.

kmiecmonster:

That's a strange description, I don't really know what sound that is. Does it happen with all sources and all material being played? I would check your connections to your receiver and speaker for tightness and being in phase. Then, run the test tone generator of your receiver through your speakers to check your output fron your center and adjust accordingly (preferably with an SPL meter).

I checked the connections and they are fine, I also disconnected all speakers except the center to see if maby there was interference, but no go. I did think of one thing though, please comment on this:

I remember noticing this issue since I got my new TV, Panasonic 32HX40. When I lift the center off of the TV the airy sound tends to go away. Could my TV be causing some type of interference?

kmiecmonster:

The only interference between a TV and a speaker would be the magnet(s) in the speaker interfering with the pattern of the color gun(s) in the TV, causing unnatural colors in the TV.

Hook up one of the other speakers to your center channel out on your receiver and see if you have the same problem...

PhilH

Maybe just the speaker case vibrating tour TV case? TVs tend to us lightweight plastic where it doesn't need to be reinforced. Do you have any foam rubber from a shipping container you can put in between.

I set my RC-3 on my Sony 35" without the sound you describe and Sony's case is really cheap plastic.