1000 tubes for sale?

jfaullin

I call about this and and oler gentleman who had an electronics shop which closed 15 years ago is trying to clear some space in his house. He has over 900 new in the box, along with capacitors, resistors and older phono needles.

I have followed the this board and dream of the day I can upgrade to tubes. I currently have a Yamaha cr 2040 driving 1978 La Scalas, and a mitsubishi DAR-15 driving 1984 Cornwalls.

Could some of you reply as to what I should look for in this posible "treasure chest"

The goal being buy this stuff so I can sell it to upgrade into "tubeland"

Thanks for your help!

Go in and look for 12AX7's, 7189 , 6BQ5 , 12AT7s, EL34's, EL84s, 6L6's, 5AR4s god the list can go on and on.

A good way to see what is in demand and what kind of cash they bring is search out EBay for Tubes it will take some sorting. The thing is that without a tube tester to list what the tubes test at your not going to get top dollar for them.

What is the guy wanting for the entire collection ?? Had he been selling tubes in the last few years ?? If so I bet most of the stock is obscure tubes that no one wants or uses. But you never know !

Craig

------------------

Nos.gif

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

JVC JL-F50 Turn Table

Sony CDP-CA7ES CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I W/Layne Audio Woofers

KSW-15 Subs>c>

In the late 80's I bought out the inventory of a long-closed TV/Radio repair shop. There were about 1000 NOS tubes and 500 or so used "tersted" tubes as well.

I paid $200 for the lot and most were was odd-ball TV "dumpster" tubes, but I was able to score some 12BH7, 12AX7, 12AU7, 12AT7, 12AX7, 12DW7, etc. Most of the stuff was 1960's RCA and GE stuff--not the most desireable, but still NOS.

BUT!

In this stash of obscure tubes there were six NOS Tung-Sol 6550s and ten or twelve RCA 6L6GC blackplates. I think there were a couple of 7591s and some 6BQ5 as well. I ended up selling almost all of these tubes to guitar-amp friends of mine and made about $300 after all was said and done.

I wish I had held on to some of them.

I have put another call in to this gentleman and he is searching for 12AT7 6BQ5 EL34 EL84

He also has lots of capacitors and resistors

He is asking $500 for all of it. I might be able to just buy a few tubes for less. I will kepp you posted as to my "hunt"

Thanks for your advice and guidance.

Thanks for all your help! I love to hunt bargins! My Yamaha CR 2040 was a $25 goodwill find, and my La Scalas were $300. I almost had a pair of Realistic Mach one for $10 at a garage sale, but they were being bought when I got there.

I will keep hunting and thanks agian for the information.