Good Tube Amp For RF-7's

slacker

I have recently auditioned the Klipsch RF-7's. It was love at first sight (sound?). I can't believe the "wife" is willing to spend $2000 on speakers!

I am seriously considering the RF-7's paired with an entry level tube amp. Anyone out there using tubes to push the RF-7 (or maybe RF-5's, wich neither of us liked that much)?

Amps on my short list are:

Jolida 302

Jolida 502

Antique Sound Labs MG SI 15 DT

Antique Sound Labs AQ1003 DT

Antique Sound Labs AQ1001 DT

Sound Valves VTA-70B

Various vintage amps

Any comments?

Am I headed for disapointment?

I Power a set of RF-3 II's with a HH Scott LK-72 and they sound great with plenty of headroom. As far as new offerings other will be better able to help you.

Craig

------------------

Nos.gif

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

JVC JL-F50 Turn Table

Sony CDP-CA7ES CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I W/Layne Audio Woofers

KSW-15 Subs>c>

I run a pair of KLF30's with the Antique Sound Lab Aq1003DT and I am very happy with the combination but I have heard and read a lot of very positive comment on the MG SI 15 DT. Based on what I have read I would certainly recommend hearing both amps before making a hard and fast decision.

The other new amps you list make it clear that you have been doing your homework and are definitely looking at the right stuff.

As far as vintage iron look for Eico HF-81,(preferably factory wired),HH Scott,Fisher etc. If you spot an interesting vintage amp post on the forum with the make and model and you can be sure that someone will give you an authouritative response.

In summation as various of our members have said:

Klipsch and tubes.......Ahhh!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)