Cheers To All!

MyOwn

• 3 months later...

I just saw this thread for the first time, Steve.  Sorry I missed it back in October 2015 when the poo-poo hit the fan.

I used to work for Child Protective Services as a Youth Services Worker.  If you ever have questions, please feel free to give me a PM and I can help you understand how that process works.  It is complex, it is legal, and the workers are NOT real good at helping all the parties understand their rights.

It looks like things are good right now.  Be aware, things could change. 

• Like 1

I just saw this thread for the first time, Steve.  Sorry I missed it back in October 2015 when the poo-poo hit the fan.

I used to work for Child Protective Services as a Youth Services Worker.  If you ever have questions, please feel free to give me a PM and I can help you understand how that process works.  It is complex, it is legal, and the workers are NOT real good at helping all the parties understand their rights.

It looks like things are good right now.  Be aware, things could change. 

Thank You!!!

An update since all that took place...My son was granted emergency custody of Thomas the week of Christmas...This was to prevent Mom coming and getting Thomas on the 26th of December. Her plan was to drive and get him. Anyway it should extend Thomas's stay long enough for my son to file for legal custody. I can only hope all turns out okay. All children deserve a loving family.

• Like 2

My son was granted emergency custody of Thomas the week of Christmas...This was to prevent Mom coming and getting Thomas on the 26th of December. Her plan was to drive and get him. Anyway it should extend Thomas's stay long enough for my son to file for legal custody. I can only hope all turns out okay.

Even though it was "emergency" custody, that was granted by a judge and is 100% the way it shall be unless and until a judge changes it in a court of law.  Judges usually give the process three months from one court date to the next. 

All children deserve a loving family.

I so much agree with this.  It is not in the "best interest of the child" (the standard the judge will use) to be bounced around between parents.  Stability is what a child craves most.  Most children are loved where ever they go, but not all parents are stable. 

Children need to know where they are putting their head down at night, and where their next meal is coming from.

• Like 1

My son was granted emergency custody of Thomas the week of Christmas...This was to prevent Mom coming and getting Thomas on the 26th of December. Her plan was to drive and get him. Anyway it should extend Thomas's stay long enough for my son to file for legal custody. I can only hope all turns out okay.

Even though it was "emergency" custody, that was granted by a judge and is 100% the way it shall be unless and until a judge changes it in a court of law.  Judges usually give the process three months from one court date to the next. 

All children deserve a loving family.

I so much agree with this.  It is not in the "best interest of the child" (the standard the judge will use) to be bounced around between parents.  Stability is what a child craves most.  Most children are loved where ever they go, but not all parents are stable. 

Children need to know where they are putting their head down at night, and where their next meal is coming from.

Thomas needs to be in Idaho 6 months, He has been there since late October 2015. That all counts and the Emergency custody extends his time 3 months past late December 2015....My son Justin can file in April. All I'm willing to state here is that my Son has enough in his corner "Help from Moms relatives in Michigan"

hoping for the best...

You are absolutely correct with "Children need to know where they are putting their head down at night, and where their next meal is coming from