Best audio settings for WinDVD + Klipsch Promedia V2.400 + SB Live??

Micah

I just ordered WinDVD with the multiple audio channel support. Does anyone the best audio options to set with the Klipsch Promedias and a SB Live X-Gamer (not the 5.1)? I want to get the best surround sound with the center channel downmixed to the front left and right channels.

Oh, and CPU load isn't a problem (I'm running ~900Mhz)

Thanks,

Micah

I bought WinDVD2000 v2.6 off of eBay, and I think it may be a dud (no multi-channel support). Does anyone else have this version?

Also, I read on the WinDVD FAQ that they purposefully made it difficult to use WinDVD with TV-out video cards. Has anyone been able to get TV-out to work with WinDVD?

Thanks for the help,

Micah

I might be able to help:

my setup is

-klipsch v2.400's

-Soundblaster live! value

-Liveware 3.0

-WinDVD2000 2.3

-Dvd Genie

------------------------------

i have found that the best setup for klipsch is to get 5.1 dolby digital and downmix it to 4.1. this way you still get the actual center channel and its not just left,right,rear-left,rear-right and sub.

(you will still hear voice in the left and right speakers if you use 4.1)

So basically my preferences are to take the center from the 5.1 and "downmix" it into the 2 front left and right speakers to create a phantom center.(correct me if im wrong here)

for voice it sounds better imo.

all you do is install windvd2000 and get an upgrade to 2.3 if you dont have it

download dvd genie fire it up

1-Make sure LFE is checked

2-Click on "more"

3-select 6 speakers

4-for audiorange select

"amplified more volume"

i found this to be great with many dvd titles with a lot of bass and Low frequency content. if u have the matrix DVD around, oh my god when "trinity is in the opening scene where she is jumping up in the air floating and kicks the police officer" , my windows rattle like a Bi#%@ !!!! SO MUCH BASS.

it sounds far better than that POS

"power dvd" which makes voice and explosions sound like something comming from a 13" TV with a mono 3" speaker.

WinDVD sounds excellent.

those settings allow you to feel the explosions and LFE content it in your chest..... i love showing off my system to friends and family.... hehe.

------------------

All your BASS are belong to klipsch.

-------------------------

------->

lmao hehehe

http://www.suave.net/~jason/ayb2.swf

I have tried both WinDVD and PowerDVD with no luck in getting my tv-out to work. I have a Voodoo Banshee 16MB with the Creative DXR2 decoder DVD package. The Encore DVD software that came with it isn't bad but it lacks features like zoom and angles. I want a software player with those features, but I also want my TV-out to work! HELP!!

With a collection of over 260 DVD's its important to me to enjoy each DVD's true potential.

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.

What are you trying to do...watch the DVD's from your computer on your tv??? If so, it has nothing to do with the DVD software, its all your video card. I have a Asus V6600 Deluxe and watch TV on my computer all the time while I browse or whatever. But its easy to reverse it. Tell me your vid card and setup and I will try and help you.

I am using the creative labs Voodoo Banshee 16mb vid card, that was bundled with the DXR2 DVD decoder card and 5x creative labs DVD drive. I use s-video from the decoder card to my tv and output sound from my SBlive as well.

I think the problem is with the decoder card, because I get sound to my tv when I use a software DVD player, but no picture. The Voodoo Banshee is not a tv out card, that is why the decoder card was bundled with it.

Am I doomed to using the Encore software that came with the package until I upgrade? Can a software player work with the decoder card?

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.