Rear Center help

Orange Peel

I'm thinking of getting a RC-3 for a rear center for my system, but I'm not sure how that would be ran with my reciever? I have the Harman Kardon AVR125, it has 6 channel direct inputs (RCA style) on the back of the reciever, but I'm not familiar with how that works? I'm thinking this reciever is not able to handle a rear center, only 5.1 because of the speaker wire hookups, could I double up on the center channel with the front RC-3? That doesn't sound right huh? Do you need a 7.1 THX reciever to utilize a rear center? "Great, I've gone crosseyed!" That's what I feel like after typing this message with all the questions. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:s>

Klipsch RF-3'sc>

Klipsch RC-3c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Mitsubishi 60" Big Screen VS-60609c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

That sux! Thanks Justin. What does the 6 channel direct do? The only way to use a rear center is to have a 7.1 reciever?

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RF-3'sc>

Klipsch RC-3c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

you are getting 6 channel and 7.1 mixed up.

6 channel is 5.1, (5+1=6)

7 channel is 6.1, (6+1=7)

8 channel is 7.1, (7+1=8)

You have a 6 channel receiver (5 speakers, 1 LFE) which is a 5.1 system. You need a 7 channel or 6.1 system to have a rear center.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

scott, the inputs are for using an input device like a dvdp w/ rca/analog connections.

for a speaker/channel like the rear center you're going out from the preamp/amp. such as with speaker wire from the speaker terminals or from a preamp out to an amp then to a rear center speaker.

(thanks for the pic just!) you have a strict 5.1 channel receiver w/ a preout only for a sub. there may be some external device that creates a rear channel off the surround speaker terminals, but i've never seen one.

i wouldn't try any wiring schemes either. you need a 6.1 or 7.1 receiver w/ the rear center/surround speaker(s) terminals & or the pre outputs to run to an external amp.

if you had 5.1 preouts (rca jacks), there's a way using a prologic receiver or a device like from adcom, but you no have preouts. Frown.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Justin - Thanks, it's clear as water now.

Boa - Thanks for the info. After I bought the reciever and set it up, I found out that it doesn't have any pre-outs, MAN I WAS PISSED! I got the reciever for $280 brand new, my friend got me his employee cost on it. So I really couldn't pass it up. I guess I will just have to save up for a better reciever then. Damn. Frown.gif

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RF-3'sc>

Klipsch RC-3c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

Still, a pretty fine receiver for a beginner receiver, and ofr general 5.1

check out this error on HarmanKardon.net's site...

add to cart AVR520 Harman Kardon Dolby Digital/DTS AV Receiver 75 X 5 Watts/ Pro Logic II

On Special $605.00

wow, a 75 channel system at 5 watts per channel... Wink.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Boa - I'm getting the RS-3's this weekend, and I have the opportunity to buy the RC-3 too, I was just checking to see if I can use it first, guess not Smile.gif I'm sure the RS-3's will be just fine, I'm just a freak and want it all Smile.gif hehe

Justin - Thanks, I do like the 125, I just wish it had more, I guess you get what you pay for Wink.gif Someday I will have the AVR 8000 and life will be grand Smile.gif

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RF-3'sc>

Klipsch RC-3c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>