Question: Some alternative for overhead speakers (atmos)

LeoeL

Goodmorning,

the eye-listener speakers system I have is composed by:

2 RF7-II

1 RC64-II

2 RB81-II

In order to upgrade from 5.1 to 5.1.4 I need 4 more speakers; But...

I don't want to use the firing-up atmos enabled speakers because my room still has many reflections so I don't need some more.

I can't mount the architectural in-ceilng speakers due to my ceiling.

So, my question is:

Can I use the Outdoor speakers (i.e. AW-650) to complete the Atmos configuration (voices of God).

These speakers could be easy to install and you could manage the angle to optimize the source of sound but I don't know if the timbre of AW-650 match with the speakers I have.

Can anybody at Klipsch tell me if I can "proceed" with my idea or give me a NO GO?

TkS in advance

Leonardo 

Can anybody at Klipsch tell me if I can "proceed" with my idea or give me a NO GO?

Not from Klipsch, but, you don't want to do that. Even if the directional aspect could be dealt with, the sound quality isn't up to par with the rest of your system. I have some on my back porch and they just don't have the typical Klipsch Reference coloration and brightness. They're fine for background music at parties but I wouldn't incorporate them into a theater setup. I've heard the CP6's may be a little better but cannot confirm.

If you can mount those, you should be able to mount some custom built angled enclosures for some ceiling speakers.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I'd actually recommend those if you can EQ the frequency response on-axis to match your other loudspeakers.  In fact, I'd recommend over the Atmos up-firing loudspeakers any day of the week.

YMMV.

Chris

What is your ceiling height? Why can you not mount in-ceiling speakers? The VOG speaker is used by Auro 3D systems, not Atmos. 

To directly answer you, I would use 4 CP-6 speakers if you need something top mounted. Something I have thought of trying is a Gallery style speaker, since they are so slim. 

I would use 4 CP-6 speakers if you need something top mounted.

Why would you recommend those over the AW-650, which has slightly larger woofers, if I might ask?

Chris

Edited by Chris A

Height is 3 metres (9,84 ft).
I don't hav​e false ceilng so I can't mount in-ceiling speakers unless I build some custom boxes to put them.

I suggest Klipsch to build them for me.   :-)

Gallery?

Best choice would be 16 (28 is too big) but... it's black; A punch in the eye! :-)

I don't hav​e false ceilng so I can't mount in-ceiling speakers unless I build some custom boxes to put them.

So there's no attic? Not sure what this means. False ceilings in residential areas typically mean a space below the normal ceiling like where ducts can be ran in a conditioned space without having to be in the attic.

So,

CP-6 is better than AW-650/525 and could be the easiest way to put 4 speakers under the ceiling but...

how much quality I would lose compared to RF7 and RB81 (and probably RB61 I'll add for surround)?

How much difference between CP-6 and CDT-5800-C II (apart the second costs double) ?