Help! I broke the plug to the woofer!

willyb

I broke the din plug that connects to the woofer. I bought a ps2 plug that appears identical and connected the wires (with same color coding) to the wire from the speaker. The color coding is the same on both wire sets. I get a "pop" when I turn the unit on and off, but no other sound. I am distressed. I loved this sound system. What to do now? Any ideas?

never fear! just get a new control pod.

question though... how in the world did you break the plug?

question... what were you trying to do with a PS2 cable? you have to go from the control pod to the subwoofer...

new control pod is probably $30?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Hello willyb

You are welcome here but as William F. Gil McDermott pointed out you will likely get more help in the forum he suggested as we as 2 channel Home Audio Freaks rarely venture into the promedia forums and I suspect the same could be said of those who lurk in those waters. That said,it was my trip to the Klipsch dealer to pick up my 2.1's that led to my driving home with the 2.1's and my KLF30 Floorstanding Speakers and thence to changing out my entire stereo system. My 2.1's thus became one of most expensive sets of computer speakers on record cwm27.gif

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 08-21-2002 at 09:36 PM

Hey, just get some Klipschorns and soem SET amps!!!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

willyb

I got to thinking about your problem and I suspect that the pinouts for a PS2 connector are not the same as for the cable on your speaker system. In other words the connector fits and the wires are the same colour but the red wire for example may not connect to the same pin on the PS2 as it does on the speaker connector.

If you have the old connector trace each wire to the pin it connects to and determine if the pin connections are identical. Another possibility,(If the pinouts are identical) is that one of the splices you made is not conducting.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)