marantzs-8200 & RF3 II's

chepo61

Hi to everyone.

I'm in the market for an upgrade to my current a/v reciever and have been studying different options: H/K, Denon, Yamaha and now have come across Marantz. I'm looking at the SR-8200 which is rated at 120 watts/channel and my question is how would my RF3II, RC3 and RS3 hold up with the power this reciever puts out ?

Any opinions ?

Thanks.

There have been alot of negative posts about Marantz over the past year or so. Mostly about problems that people have been having. Apparently their quality control went down the drain.

I myself was leaning towards the Marantz SR-8200 receiver, but got scared off. I settled on the Denon in its place. I've been very happy with the Denon.

Getting back to your question though, the 8200 should be more than enough to power those speakers.

------------------

Mains: KLF 10's

Center: RC-3 (I know--doesn't match mains)

Surrounds: Quintets

Receiver: Denon 3802

DVD: Denon DVD-900

TV: Sony 36XBR400

VCR: Mitsubishi HS-U48

LaserDisc: Pioneer D605

MIT T2 and T3cables throughout

thanks for your input Krusty.

The concern that I have is regarding the max. power handling of the RS3, it's rated at 110 watts/channel. I worried that I might over power the surrounds and damage them, what do you think ?. I'm not that worried about the front's and the center speakers since they can handle 150 watts max.

You'll need to have your ears fixed before you'll overpower your Klipsch speakers. Those are continuous ratings, and it would be a difficult thing for your ears to withstand 110 watts of continuous power into those speakers! Smile.gif

Don't give it a thought - I have an amp rated at 200 wpc going into speakers rated at 100 watts continuous.

Doug

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by dougdrake on 08-22-2002 at 06:31 PM

I have the marantz 8200. I love it. Don't be scared off by the talk of bad Quality Control. There may have been a few bad units, but that was in the earlier models, and has been awhile ago. I haven't heard of anyone getting a Marantz with a problem except for in that small amount of time.

Greatly exaggerated reports, as you can expect on the internet, since when one person has a problem, everyone echos that sentiment till it seems like EVERYONE is having problems!

And don't worry about over powering your speakers, Your ears will explode first!

-MKL