Can't get SVS to play through amp...

jwadd21

I have only one hooked up to the amp now. Could the amp require both to be hooked up before it works? I am using a y splitter from the lfe output on the sub, connected to two audio cables which are connected to 2 1/4" stereophonic adapters which are plugged into the amp. I have heard that sometimes amps do not work if both inputs are not filled with speaker wire. If that is not the problem, then what is it? I know the subs work because I plugged them into the standard speaker spots on the receiver and they put out bass(a suprisingly large amount at that). HELP!

Which amp are you running, if it's the Samson, you have to run the amp in parallel,(switch at the back), and your input should be on the #1 input.

Sean

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

DUAL USAGE ROOM

Fronts & Mains: Klipsch La Scalas

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD-3805

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Dual SVS Ultras w/ Samson 1000 watt amp

http://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

quote:

Originally posted by TVodhanel:

We included a 1/4" to RCA adaptor with each Fidek---not sure if you'll get it though. If not,all you need to get is a $2 adaptor from radioshack...the MONO 1/4" to rca adaptor. Then just use any old audio cable you have for the connection between the receiver subwoofer out and the Fidek input. You can Y the input into both channels on the FIDEK and use it in stereo mode---or just set the FIDEK to bridge and wire the subs in series(which would give you 1 8ohm load to the amp). For wiring, any generic 16g is fine for runs up to 12-16ft. 14g up to 25ft and I would go with 12g over 25-30ft.

TV

THe guy at RS said to get stereo phonic, so i got those. maybe thats why it doesnt work right...

Right on jwadd21... you just answered your own plea! Your subwoofer output is MONO... remember that stereo works on separation... but on a subwoofer channel it spells D-I-V-O-R-C-E. Get the hence to your RS droid so your two subs can co-exist happily ever after. -HornED