pro media 2.1

thegenius

good day,

my pro media 2.1 system seems to be having some issues and i can't seem to figure out a solution. the issues are as follow

1. the pro amp plug seems to be faulty as i have to jiggle it, find a sweet spot for both speakers to play

2. the sub woofer DOES NOT play

3. the sub woofer dial doesnt work (might be because the sub isnt playing)

4. the volume control is reversed. when i turn to lower it i have to tun it to MAX and vice versa

5. when i use the attached stereo cord the audio is very low however when i use an aux stereo cord and plug into the sound port (next to headphone port) its louder

i know ive listen a few issues here, i really hope they are all related to one issue that will fix everything.

any help and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Hi TG and welcome to the Klipsch forum.  I believe you have posted your question to the wrong forum, this is 2 channel home audio, you questions lies with  computer audio, 

You may wanna try the Klipsch General Questions Forum or the Personal Music Forum....for you answers. 

Hey TG, boomer is correct, but I will say this:

It sounds like a totally defective item. I'd advise seeing if Klipsch will do a warranty replacement on it, as it sounds like a heck of a lot of problems going on.

Agreed...sounds like the whole amp board needs to be pulled...

• 1 month later...

thanks for the feed back. so since ive taken the system (same one as above) i had at work and brought it to my home. it worked perfectly fine at work. it was hooked up to a PC i believe thru a line out output. 

so i brought it home and hooked it up to my mac thru that one headphone jack thats provided and the same thing is happeneing.

1. i can barely hear the sub and it has to be turned all the way to "min" on the control to hear correctly

2. the volume nobs are reversed

3. volume doesnt turn up loud at all.

4.the light indicating its on doesnt light up

5. the 3.5mm green jack attached to speaker doesnt give good sound when plugged in i have to use a 3.5mm to 3.5 mm from the input that has a note sign on the side of the speaker to the macbook pro headphone jack and it give a little better quality but its far from what i kno it can.

this is fustrating lol

if anyone can help id appreciate it

I guess I'm not understanding, so you took the unit to work again and it worked there, but the other two systems it is not? If it was working previously on one system but two systems since don't work, it's perfectly reasonable that the amp may be bad. The pins or connectors may also be bad - there are kits to repair them, but they're pretty tedious. It still sounds like either an issue with the amp controller (the hub) or the amp board itself.

i own two of the same pro media 2.1, one a little older than the other..

one was at home one at work..

both worked..

then all of a sudden the one at home stopped working (volume not going high, light not coming on on speaker, controls reversed - to turn up gotta turn towards "min" vice versa", and amp not really sounding, 3.5 mm jack attached doesnt give good sound, i have to use a 3.5 mm to 3.5mm from the side of the speaker to the input of the laptop)

so i started fiddling with it because thought was the plugs

fiddled so much i broke the plug in the sub...

so i took the one from work, that was working fine and brought it home..

and im finding its the same issue...

so im wondering if its a MAC/PC thing...as i have a PC at work and its pluged into a line in port where i have a MACbook pro at home and theres only one port for headphones and line in

i also tried numerous cell devices devices...

i just dont understand whats wrong..

ive submitted a ticket..

hope this clears it up

Edited by thegenius