Best placement for subs in my room...

jwadd21

I just got two SVS subs and have tried to find the best spot in the room for them. Ive had alot of trouble finding a good spot. I tried putting it behind the couch, and on the side of the couch as pictured. Neither setup gave good bass in the couch area. I was wondering where the best spot would be for them? I was thinking of moving the bed against the other wall and putting the subs adjacent to the speakers. help!

here is a diagram of my room...

room.txt

This message has been edited by jwadd21 on 08-24-2002 at 01:09 AM

your biggest problem is going to be all the stuff in your room. Have you used a sound pressure level meter (SPL)to equalize the volume on each channel? What is the subs crossover setting? What are the approximate dimensions of your room? I have set up alot of home theaters in everything from bedrooms to my own 30'x 20' media room. You can email me if you like.

Well I got them in the corner. They are LOOOOUUUUD! I have never heard this much bass out of a home audio system before, it's amazing. I have a whole new dimension to my music and movies now. Only problem is they make the bed rattle they are causing so much vibration. Oh well, I may have a better room soon so I'll live with this for the next month.