denon avr 4802 vs. pioneer vsx 47 tx

chepo61

Me again:

In my (seems like it) never ending quest to upgrade my current a/v reciever, I ask the forum the following question:

Denon AVR 4802 or Pioneer VSX 47 TX.

Both THX ULTRA (big deal !!!)

Both similarly priced, etc.

Crossover freq. settings: I know the Denon has variable settings which I now is something that is definatley infuicing my final descion.

Does anybody know if the Pioneer has similar settings ? I checked there website and couldn't find any reference.

Your comments about both brands will be very helpul.

Thanks, again.

El Cheapo,

Well if you have Klipsch speakers(easy to drive)get the Pioneer 47.Why

Same same power amp as the 49 minus the costlier DAC's and a few less super duper functions.Still very complete and high grade unit,quite future proof

Sound quality is very good and built quality will surprise you.Clearly better then the 4802,to best the 47/49 recievers in overall built/amp quality you must get the Denon 5800/5803.

Either way the 4802 and 47 are good quality recievers and the entry ticket in the world of true quality.

Psssst get the Pioneer 47(and I would never recomend a Pioneer if you asked me a year ago!The 47/49 recievers are really good,first time in a long time Pioneer is serious about recievers!)

TheEAR(s) Now theears