Panamax for power amp?

marioramos

Was wondering if it's just me or have others experienced that the sound of your set ups change when u have a power amp plugged in to a power conditioner to me my amp sounds better simply plugging it in to the wall instead of the Panamax. I do use it for my sources and pre. To me that's presenting the best sound. How to others think about this?

A rep at century stereo in San Jose said it was best to do what I was doing because he says the power amps have enough protection in the design of most amps to be ok. I have a monster mpa 2250 2 ch amp and said the Panamax will some what sap the current that the amp needs to perform at its best. For those big bass heavy peaks.

MIine has no issues handling my monster Sherbourn 7/2001A even when driven hard I am utilizing the two high current plugs.  If it is an entry level unit you are referring to then perhaps it is better to plug the amp into the wall socket directly.  That said a lightning strike will take it out  the amp since there is nothing inside it to protect it from that kind of surge.

Mine is not the top but not entry it also has high current lines. When plugged in it just seems like the vol controls are hotter and more bright listening at lower levels sounds like an listening to it really loud from a dynamics stand point. When amp is in wall I hear very detailed sounds also it being very pleasing to the ear a much warmer cleaner sound. Maybe it's the klipsch horn that's showing this because it's very revealing. Just my take on it. Did not think about lighting? Good point.