OT: Headphones

Gondor

*sigh*

The Sony MDR-V600 was supposed to replace the MDR-V6, but the V6 is so good, and the V600 so bad, that the replacement thingy didn't work out...

Basically the MDR-V6 and the MDR-7506 are the EXACT SAME HEADPHONES. They just look a little different. The 7506 is supposedly the "professional" version, but they're the same, 'cept for looks, and the fact that the 7506 ends in a gold-plated plug. Hope this helps!!

------------------

"Feh."

I've had the MDR-7506 for a couple of years now. They are excellent headphones, work very well for all types of listening, and the build quality is exceptional- these have gone through some abuse thanks to my two year old. If the MDR-V6 is the same, it's certaintly the best deal.

For what it's worth, I just purchased the Koss TD/65's. I am very pleased with the performance of these headphones. They have excellent bass response and the highs are very sweet, not shrill at all. I got them for $49 CDN and I think they are a very good alternative to the Pro's for those late night DVD and Counter-strike moments. These day's I think any headphone package is going to be good past the $40 range.

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.