Reconing K 1089's

Pete H

I had a quick look but found nothing so far as recone kits go only replacement drivers. I doubt that recone kits exist but a phone call to Klipsch service would answer your question. If you are going to open your speaker up you might want to consider DeanG's modification for the RF7 as well as upgrading the capacitors and resistors in your networks. There is a lot more performance in your speakers just waiting to be let out.

http://reconingspeakers.com/product/klipsch-rf7-k1089av-10-woofer/

This is actually a driver that has been sitting on my shelf for years that I replaced and trying to recone it for a spare.  Klipsch just told me that these drivers can't be reconed, and I would have to order a driver at $161 so I'm going to keep searching around a bit.  At some point I will cycle back around to the RF7's and get into the crossovers but I have to get a few projects done and off my plate before I take something else apart.  Thanks for the reminder that I'll never actually be done! :D

well there you already have your answer no recone kits exist. What about putting the damaged unit up for sale on ebay and see if you can sell it "as is" cheap to someone and move on. You might get something for it to offset some of your cost to replace it. Or perhaps you could donate it for the shipping cost to a forum member to experiment on. It would be nice to see it serve some useful purpose past collecting dust on a shelf. Good luck with your other projects have fun and enjoy.