RF-35 questions

BluBitRates

I recently picked up a pair and a RC-35. A few questions, i found a little square black "sound absorber" pad in the port of one of the towers, also found a few pieces of unopened candy. Is this a part this is placed higher up inside the tower? Also i am missing one of the nubs from the bottom of the feet that cover the screws. Anywhere i can find one? Lastly, missing the tilt screw on the rc-35. Anyone have any suggestions?

post-40168-0-36560000-1457919714_thumb.j

post-40168-0-10080000-1457919743_thumb.j

post-40168-0-75840000-1457919761_thumb.j

post-40168-0-67680000-1457919773_thumb.j

• Moderators
i found a little square black "sound absorber" pad in the port of one of the towers, also found a few pieces of unopened candy. Is this a part this is placed higher up inside the tower?

sound absorber....maybe...unopened candy....probably not.  :P   I've never seen that type of "sound absorber" in any of the Klipsch speakers that I have opened.  They usually are much thicker, foam type inserts.

If forum member doesn't have any, call Klipsch Parts to see if they have the rubber feet or tilt screw. 

Hey, congrats on the RF-35s. One of my favorite models. I prefer them over all the other 8" Reference towers except the brand new RP-280f.

Hope you're enjoying them!

I hooked them up and was surprised i like them as much if not better than my RF-82ii, although i do not play at very high volumes and have a sub to compliment them. I think it is because they sit lower and the tweeter is closer to ear height. I really love the looks of my RF-82ii in cherry though. It is a bigger, heavier and better looking speaker. I would think a side by side would prove it superior too. I have come really close to jumping on the RP-280f train. I think these tier of speakers are the best price per perfomance out of the klipsch family. I was just head over heels with my original RF-82s which were the first klipsch speakers i have owned! I really enjoy having speakers that are in near perfect condition too :). Okay end of my rant.