CF-2 compatibility

Macho Kiljoy

I have a set of CF-2s in my living room. My plan is to set up a RP-280 5.1 system. Would the RP-450C work ok with my CF-2s, until I get my 280s? Or should I get the 280s first and then the center channel? I am buying all the speakers slowly over the next few months.

Thanks!

David

You selling the c-2's in the end? If these are your only two speakers I would take a different route.

Sub first. Add that depth

Surrounds second. Enjoy them effects from behind.

Then center since you've not had one till now.

Mains last then sell your cf-2's to recoup what you can.

Make sure you get the r-115 if your going the Klipsch sub route. The rest of them are kind of a joke and in my option won't keep up with that setup.

I've always worked from the front to the back, when piecing my systems together over the years. It just seems to work out better that way.

I haven't heard any of the new RP series, but the CF series are great speakers. Will the RP center channel work between the CF's... Of course. It won't be a perfect timbre match. But since you know you'll eventually have a full RP system. I don't think it will make that big of a difference for a short period of time.

One other thing to consider, after getting the RP-280's, you can move the CF-2's to surround duty (if you have the room)... until you get the RP surrounds.

Keep the CF's for a dedicated 2 channel system if you can. If not there are plenty of people willing to buy them.

Edited by GPBusa