new vinyl RP-280FA's

Paducah Home Theater

I just realized what is going on, but these things are shipping so apparently it's not a secret.  Basically the real wood veneer on RP-280FA's is going away.  No more walnut or black veneer, everything will be cherry or black like the others, mix and match with the current center channels, no more RP-450CA.  I actually _really_ liked the veneer and wish they had expanded it into the surrounds and bookshelves but maybe the level of sales couldn't justify keeping them, not sure.  I've already had a guy commit to some of the new ones and he seemed to appreciate the lower price, and actually really appreciated the fact that the new ones will match his center since he had to go with the shorter RP-250C with the black vinyl finish due to an odd entertainment center layout, so maybe it will work out.  

In other news, if you wanted some with real wood veneer, you better jump on it. :)  I can't even order those anymore but there's still some out there elsewhere.