PINK M!ssundaztood

IndyKlipschFan

Thought I would comment on some recent Cd's and or ones stuck in my head!! LOL.

Pink CD :

Generally a great cd. I know it came out in 2001 and yes it has the NBA / NFL anthem smash hit "Get The Party Started" too.(We have all heard that one 10K times.)

I am hooked on song # 2 "DON'T LET ME GET ME".

Anyone dare to also say they like this CD?

Amazing what it sounds like on a pair of K horns cranked up too. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

it is a great cd. one of my fav songs is don't let me get me, but even more so, just like a pill.

you need to play the olympic fan fare from Sony & Telarc Present The Ultimate Listening Experience CD.

Infact, listen to the whole cd. It is an amazing cd I got from a fellow klipscher. if you want a copy to ahem, borrow, email me, justin@soundwise.org. it is EXCELLENT.

The horns in the olympic fanfare give me chills. with my hd600's you feel like you are directing the orchestra, you really can tell where instruments are. an EXCELLENT recording. good luck finding it though, i might be the only source for you to get a copy Wink.gif i could not find it anywhere on the net. it has the themes from popular movies and such all orchestrial, though there are a few sung songs. 17 tracks in all

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

In 6 minutes you can click this link...

http://www.soundwise.org/klipschubb/bellvillehigh-houndsofspring.mp3 and get a listen to what i can do. this is a recording of my old schools UIL concert band compeition. i was second trumpet in here, well first trumpet since the chair above me was a cornet Smile.gif they get all the fun Wink.gif

anyway, most of the fast high stuff is me, i hold the olace at bellville high school as the trumpet player with the greatest range from the lowest possible trumpet note to way above the scale. if i put my mind to it, i was able to play anything.

well anyway, back on topic. this song sounds great on klipsch speakers. mostly due to the horns.

at contest we got first place for this song, you can tell me if you agree with what the judges said...

"You are by far the best band we have heard today, no, you are by far the best band we have heard in this nation." We got stuff like that all the time. When competition would happen schools would see us and go, great, their goes state. LoL That is till the band directors became greedy and all the top 2-3 chairs quit the band in retaliation. Including myself. I am now in the orchestra at my new school of 3600+ students, more people than what all of bellville has in it are in my school here in houston. I am still 1st chair trumpet and I love it.

Well now just 22 seconds till you can download it Smile.gif I would have posted teh 320kbps mp3 instead of teh 128kbps but it is a huge file and not many ppl would bother to listen.

Tell me what you think!

(if you want, i will burn this to the cd if you want it, the sony cd i spoke of above.

Ok, the link is ready now.

The song is Hounds of Spring by Alfred Reed, directed by John Pritchett performed by Bellville High School Orchestra Band, 2000.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

Hi justin_tx_16,

Holy crap you guys sound good. I fiqured I was listening to a professional orchestra. I'm sure you must really enjoy your music to be able to play like that. Keep up the excellent work.

Take care

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RS-7

Sub SVS-CS Ultra x 2

Receiver Denon AVR-5803

DVD Denon 2800

T.V. Sony KP57HW40 Widescreen

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

OK, I'll confess it also, Pink's album kicks!! The first 4 songs are great, and a couple of others scattered throughout are also good. "Don't Let Me Get Me" will torture your subwoofer at high volumes. (As an aside, which I can't resist, the local Best Buy has this track on their demo system in the B*** room. I cranked it up and the system just about had a meltdown LOL.)

"Just Like A Pill" is also cool, and sticks in your head. She performed it on the MTV VMA this year.

I also have to mention a CD that surprised me for how much of it is, IMHO, great -- Avril LaVigne's Let Go. Yes, Complicated has lots of air-play now. But the entire CD is great. Pretty uncommon, I think, for a debut.

DD

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by dougdrake on 09-06-2002 at 02:50 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Dafishguy:

Hi justin_tx_16,

Holy crap you guys sound good. I fiqured I was listening to a professional orchestra. I'm sure you must really enjoy your music to be able to play like that. Keep up the excellent work.

Take care

Rick

Thanks! I get this rush every time I play, like a drug, or should I say, like a pill? Wink.gif If you liked that, you would love the rest of Alfred Reeds stuff, he has some really great stuff. I especially like the Russian Christmas. I am going to see if there is an Alfred Reed cd, compare us to the pro's Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me