DIY squawker horn for K55V ?

dhsettim

Following on from Al K and Tom B who advise changing the midrange horn rather than the driver,and the impossibilty of finding Altec or EV horns here in NZ,does anyone have experience of building their own horn, or who could direct me to the info.Building a new top section to the Khorn shouldn't be hard and combining that with a Beyma tweeter should be fun.

Are ya all watching the basketball?Come on the "Tall Blacks".

regards

tim

Tim---I've run across several websites about building one's own horns, do a search. Also check-out Yuishi's website, he shows how to build luscious wood radial horns, there's a link to his site on mine.

Nobody I know is paying attention to that basketball thing, College football is off and running and Pro football is starting too. Man, the Bears look good playing in Champaign in orange and blue. One would hope that playing on George Halas's old field and realizing why the Bears wear Illini colors would motivate them.

www.chicagohornspeakerclub.org

Thanks Guys,

I read the Audio Express article but I'd like to do wood like the Yuici horns.I had found this site and its construction details but there are no dimensions.Any ideas without buying MJ magazine?And their freq. response is for ,say ,the A300 horn 600Hz to 20K Hz tho'the cutoff freq. is 300Hz.I understand that for Khorns they crossover is at 400Hz so will the K55V do that?

In Sound Practices vol 2#2 issue 6 Joe ( we are not worthy) writes about his Lowther PM-6s in his 4" throat Edgar horns.Now I have 4 of those (tho' they are the stiff suspension/short whizzer "lesser" variety).What do ya reckon to that ?

Well WE get excited anytime little ole NZ features at an international level.

Pete who????I thought only the Williams sisters were playing!!!!

see ya

tim