Anyone Own One of These? Audioengine B1

willland

@adam2434,

Thanks so much for suggesting the Chromecast Audio.  Been streaming Pandora for a week or so and I am very pleased with this device.

Just upgraded to Spotify Premium(30 day trial) and now I am far more than just pleased with this device, I am floored by it.  Simple and direct connection without hiccups or any other "inconveniences".  Sound quality with Spotify Premium is clearly better than Pandora(still love it).

For $35.00, you can't go wrong.

Thanks,

Bill

• Like 1

On 9/8/2016 at 0:11 AM, willland said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I want something that is a little better than the run of the mill BT receiver for casual listening to Pandora, Spotify, network music, and control with my phone most of the time.

Bill

Saw this browsing for stuff the other day. Probably a bit more than a little better...at least in price anyway. https://www.wyred4sound.com/products/digital-converters/blink

14 hours ago, willland said:

@adam2434,

Thanks so much for suggesting the Chromecast Audio.  Been streaming Pandora for a week or so and I am very pleased with this device.

Just upgraded to Spotify Premium(30 day trial) and now I am far more than just pleased with this device, I am floored by it.  Simple and direct connection without hiccups or any other "inconveniences".  Sound quality with Spotify Premium is clearly better than Pandora(still love it).

For $35.00, you can't go wrong.

Thanks,

Bill

Glad you're liking it.

Are you using the analog output, or have you tried the digital output with a DAC/Pre-pro/AVR?

Also, have you tied to stream music files from your PC?  I'm curious about how (and how well) this works, but have not tried it yet, since I use a Sonos Connect.  

I have a CA still in the box that I bought on a whim (after setting one up for my daughter).  I don't currently have a use for it, and bought it to "play around" when I have some time.

Adam

8 minutes ago, adam2434 said:

Are you using the analog output, or have you tried the digital output with a DAC/Pre-pro/AVR?

So far just using the Cromecast Audio's interrnal DAC.  I will eventually get a DAC when a good deal comes my way.

10 minutes ago, adam2434 said:

Also, have you tied to stream music files from your PC?  I'm curious about how (and how well) this works, but have not tried it yet

I have not.  My PC is not connected to the wireless router but hard wired(LAN) to my modem.  

Bill

1 hour ago, willland said:

I have not.  My PC is not connected to the wireless router but hard wired(LAN) to my modem.  

Bill

That should not matter, as hardwired or wireless, you are on the same network.

My PC is also hardwired to my router, so I need to set up the CA and try plex to stream flac for kicks.