Klipsch Forte Crossover rebuild

Chuckster_62

Hi – I have recently acquired a set of Klipsch Forte earlier this year and I was very impress with the Forte sound that I wanted to upgrade the electronic. I have replaced the tweeter and mid-horns drivers with drivers from Crites Speakers and to further upgrade my Forte, I have decided to take on rebuilding the crossovers for a weekend project. Having very little knowledge about audio electronic; it took me a week to research and figure out where to place the capacitors, inductors, autotransformers, and wiring and soldering order according to the Forte schematics. I feel that I have done well with converting the crossover cup to the wood board and thought I would post the results of my weekend crossover project.  Thanks, Chuck

Forte-Xcrs.jpg

Forte-Xcrss.jpg

Forte-Xcrs.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work.

You got the round cup version of the first generation  forte.  Those cabs have  full length gussets in the corners slightly better built than the later rectangular cup version. 

The transformers look like  T2As (multiple taps)  

I had originally replaced the caps on the cups and then decided to re-do with the board. Anyone know if I can get the serial numbers for these speakers? The serial tags were gone at purchase, but the top pieces of wood for each speakers look as if they're from the same piece of wood. I would like to confirm they're sequential serial numbers.Thanks for the posts.

Unfortunately, I lost my music room when my son in-law temporary moved back home and they been in our spare storage room which is where they'll sit until he moves out. This gave me plenty of time to take my time. I'm missing a rubber grommet for the speaker cover which is critical for the passive speaker to properly work, I located a set on eBay and waiting for it to come in. The Forte speaker will be hooked to an Outlaw RR2150 receiver with iFi tube buffer  in the pre-amp section.Besides the Klipsch Forte, I have the Klipsch upgraded KG4 and on the amp side, I have a Jolida 302 BRC tube amp and my originally purchased 1978 Sanyo 55 plus series receiver. I will alternate all the amps and speakers from time to time. I miss my music room!!!!