SOLD: Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum KT120 Integrated Amp - with full set of spare tubes

tlarwa

This is the original version of the Cronus Magnum, as originally shipped by Rogue (not a Cronus sent back for an upgrade to the Magnum version).  It was recently (August 2016) checked out by Rogue, and a few components (a bridge rectifier, some resistors and some wires) were replaced to bring it up to spec.  It is currently configured for 8 ohm speakers, but changing to 4 ohm taps is an easy process.  Please note that this unit does NOT have a built-in phono stage.  Instead, it has 4 line-level inputs.  Rogue quoted me $200 to have the phono stage installed, in case that's a need for you.  I ran it with 2 outboard phono stages, so it wasn't necessary for my purposes.  The only aesthetic flaw is some scratching by one of the rear screws on the top cover, which happened trying to remove a stubborn screw that had stripped.  I touched it up with a Sharpie, and it is not visible unless you are standing over the amp.  Rogue repaired the stripped screw when it was in their shop.  

The unit sounds great and functions well.  I am selling it because I ended up settling in with a pair of Cornwalls, and I really don't need anywhere near the power offered by the Cronus Magnum.  As such, I would entertain trade offers for a lower powered integrated tube amp of equal quality, or tube amp/preamp separates.  

Asking $1600.  I will split actual shipping charges in the CONUS, and the buyer is responsible for any PP fees.  I can also meet for delivery in the No.IL/SE WI area (I'm in the Milwaukee area).

Included in the offer is the aluminum remote (works and looks fine, but has a small nick in the top edge that doesn't affect anything), the original power cord, a full tubeset (4 - KT120, 3-12AU7 and 2-12AX7) and the following extra tubes; 6 - KT120 (Tung Sol ) power tubes and 4 - NOS preamp tubes (2- 12AU7 and 2-12AX7).

The amp and tubes will ship in separate boxes, and the amp will ship in the original factory packaging.  I will split actual shipping charges in the CONUS, and the buyer is responsible for any PP fees.  I can get pictures of anything else you'd like to see, and am happy to answer questions.

Technical Specifications:
Type: Tube, two-channel integrated amplifier.
Tube complement: (2) 12AX7, (3) 12AU7, (4) KT120 output tubes
Analogue inputs: Four single-ended line-level inputs (via RCA jacks).
Input impedance: High-level: not specified
Power output: 100Wpc @ 8 Ohms (w/ KT120 tubeset)
Bandwidth: 20Hz – 30kHz
Distortion: Not specified
Signal to Noise Ratio: Not specified
Dimensions (HxWxD): 140 x 457 x 432mm
Weight: 25kg

IMG_0296.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

screw pic.jpg

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG