Anyone interested in a Polk PSW650?

Orange Peel

I'm contemplating selling the PSW650. I have had it for about one month, if that, and it's in FLAWLESS condition, original box, manual, etc. I live in AZ, so I'm not sure on the shipping cost involed. I would like to get around $550 for it plus shipping, obo. I think they retail for $700 or so, depending on where you buy it.

Just thought I would look to see what I might expect.

If you're wondering why I want to sell it, I'm dying to get a SVS sub.

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:s>

Klipsch RF-3's (Front Mains)c>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Klipsch RS-3's (Rear Surrounds)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Mitsubishi 60" Big Screen VS-60609c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

jeez, you sure ditched that sub quick. There was a time when that was my dream sub, but I've moved on to bigger things, (well, I started with a midi land comp sub, moved up to a csw sub, than, on to a bigger midiland sub, than the klipsch pro media 2.1 sub, than a JBL pb-12, and now an RSW-15), I think my sub quest will never come to an end! could you tell me what you thought of that sub? a mini review of sorts? I have always thought they look cool, I am on the market for a stereo set up in my bedroom at the cabin we're building, so I'm open to everythign right now.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

Yeah, I really like the sub, but I just want to try the SVS sub, it's KILLING ME! Smile.gif The PSW650 hit's real hard, goes pretty low, low enough to rattle the crap out of the house. It seems to work well with music too, I raelly enjoy listening to it with music, and watching movies. Watching LOTR's is amazing with it, Blade II rocked, pretty much any movie was great. My music sounded wonderful too. It's really an all around great sub, but there's something about that 16-46 PC Plus that's calling my name, and I have to have it, so the Polk has to go. If by some freak of nature I don't like the SVS, I would go back to the Polk for sure, maybe just get 2 of them Wink.gif

If you're interested in it, I will take pics, etc for you. I just listed it on ebay, so if you wanted it I would just cancel the auction for ya.

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

no offense, but you'll be lucky if you get 400, they are selling new now for $549 from certified dealers.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

Computer uses Promedia 2.1's.

prodj101 is 100% correct. You would be lucky as hell to get $400 for it. Sorry, thats how it works. Look at cars. A Porsche GT2 brand new is $250,000, registered for a WEEK and 200 miles on it will drop it to the MSRP of $180,000. See where I am going?

Just unload the thing and move on. Have you considered keeping it so you could have it around?

Good luck, and my wishes that you can get top dollar for it if you sell it!!!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

Yeah I realize this now, AFTER I set my bid price and reserve, there wasn't ONE for sale when I posted mine, so I didn't get a chance to compare, huge bummer. I would love to keep it around, but if I do, I can't afford the SVS. I would take $450 plus shipping for this thing, hell it's about 1 month old IF that, and as close to brand new as someone's going to get. I'm dying to get an SVS, so I wish someone would buy this.

Thanks for the input guys.

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

once again, you will not get that much. You're better off just keeping it because the money you will get will be incidental in your quest for the SVS (no offense here, just my opinion). It's always nice to have a few extra speakers sitting around anyway. I have some sony, optiumus, midiland, a JBL PB-12 sub, and cambridge soundworks all sitting in my basement. I find myself needing them every now and then, in situations where I would have to pay to do what I want.

------------------

New music system:

Well, can you find a friend that will pay $300 for it?

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

Hell I would keep it if I have to sell it for that low. They go for around $495 "Buy it now" on ebay, I'm sure I could get around $400 for it, if I didn't price it where I did. If I sell it that cheap I won't have enough for the SVS.

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

If it is still that new, can't you just take it back to where you bought it or did you buy it online?

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Not sure, I will have to check my reciept, if it's been 31 days, I will have to get store credit, and that's not what I want at all. They have a 30 day return policy, so I will check to see what I can do if I can't unload it. I used store credit for most of the sub, so I don't know if I have to get store credit if I return it.

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

Boa, I would like to keep it AND get the SVS, but if I use both, I don't know how well it would blend with the 16-46 PC+. The Polk would be MUCH better for the higher end, and the SVS would KILL down low, so it would be best of both worlds, but not sure if it would sound like SHAT!

Any help?

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

op, that's why if you put the polk in the rear of room & the svs in the front, you shouldn't have to worry as much on their jivability together. or, as tv would probably tell you, put 'em together in the same place/corner & tweak away.

get the svs & cross that tweak bridge when you get to it. only way to find out. but one way or the other it should work so that the polk will compliment the svs, for both bass quality & quantity. trying dif set-ups & tweaking is fun. Biggrin.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

It looks like I may just go for it. If I sell my HK, which I have a couple leads on, I will be ordering my 16-46 PC+, and then see how much stuff I can rattle off the wall Wink.gif

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

If the polk is a better high end sub, DO NOT put it in the back of the room. You will be able to localize the sounds, and it will end up sounding really bad. I suggest having them all in the front.

------------------

New music system:

at least i opened it up to tweaking. besides, if you want to take away any localized bass, which might even be desired, you wire it in parallel w/ the rs-3 & dial down the sub's crossover.

just can't say for sure w/o experimentation. certainly can't make a blanket statement on exactly what to do w/o even knowing the room demensions, & even then... Wink.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Thanks for all the input. Turns out it looks like the sub is gonna be sold. I had to bite the bullet and let it go for $375. This will give me the money I need for the SVS.

Now I need to email Tom and ask his advice on the sub.

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

This message has been edited by Orange Peel on 09-17-2002 at 02:46 PM

SOLD! Smile.gif

I can't wait to get that SVS, I hope it's worth it.

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

Update, NOT SOLD! UGH! He said that something came up about work, etc and he can't get it. SHAT!

Anyone want it for $375 plus shipping? eh? Please? Wink.gif

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>