Sub amp?

Quenten

The SVS Ultras on sale now with the S1000 amp--seems to be a great price, but I'm wondering (if I only get 1 sub) is this more amp than I would need? I mean, the amp will drive 2 subs so is there any use to get it with only 1. Can you bridge it for 1 sub or is this too much power. Significant differences in the smaller amps?

When it comes to that sub, it really likes a lot of power, so you shouldn't need to worry about overpowering the sub. It will be more than enough with the Samson 1000 and running at it's normal impedance. I WISH I could afford that sub, but I will more than likely have to settle for the PCi 16-46.

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:s>

Klipsch RF-3's (Front Mains)c>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Klipsch RS-3's (Rear Surrounds)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Mitsubishi 60" Big Screen VS-60609c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

Your right on the price, for what you get it's spectacular. I love my Ultra(w/TV-12) and S1000. I run it off a single channel of the S1000. If I remember correctly, the Samson manual says something about not putting a load lower than 8 ohms when the amp is bridged. I'm sure you can find it at Samson's website, www.samsontech.com .

------------------

FABULOUSFRANKIE