Newbie R-15PM help needed

Noggin

Hi guys, after collecting records for many years I have invested in some bedroom dj gear, consisting of: 

2 x Reloop 7000 turntables with Reloop Ortofon concord pick ups.

Numark M101USB (2 channel) mixer

Klipsch R-15PM speakers

I do not have an amp as I am informed it is not needed with these speakers. Mixer and speakers are set to phono.

Problem is, there is a humming noise from the speakers when switched on and play back is VERY quiet, even with volume turned up on the speakers.

Anybody her able to arise me of what I could be doing wrong? Many thanks in advance.

Might be a grounding issue.

Check and see if you get feedback like that when no source is connected, and then attempt to use an alternative source.  If the problem persists at that point, try a different A/C outlet.  If it still is an issue, it may be a factory defect.

If your TT's are connected to the mixing board, and then your MB is connect to the R-15PM via RCA cables, make sure the phono input is set to LINE.  I do the same thing with my R-15PMs except instead of TT's, I have microphones into my MB.  Works great.

Another thing to try is playing something via bluetooth or directly connecting your laptop/iphone via headphone jack to the phono input (set to line) on the R-15PM.

• Like 1

You should be getting some sound out then.  Can you try playing another source to see if the speakers are working?  Connect the headphone jack on your phone or laptop directly to the speakers line-in?  or maybe hit the usb button on the remote to get a flashing blue light on the speaker, then connect your laptop or phone via usb?