Telex Communications and audio subsidiary Electro-Voice announced on Wednesday

a new line of multimedia computer speakers targeted at the hardcore gaming

community.

evsonicxs1.jpg

Called EVSonicXS, the speakers feature large 4" woofers and 1"

tweeters; the 150-watt subwoofer features a 6" driver. The first product in

the line to be released is a 2.1 system featuring a subwoofer and two

satellites, which will sell for approximately $199.99. A 4.1 system is also in

development and will be released shortly after the initial product launch.

EVSonicXS is scheduled to be in stores this summer.

Klipsch used Electrovoice parts in their heritage speakers back in the old days, they are great speakers, but not sure if the offspring of electrovoice will leave the same taste in its listeners mouths.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

At first glance, it kinda looks like your advertising another speaker co on the klipsch boards...cwm27.gif

But, I know that's not your intention. I dunno, maybe it's just the picuture, but they look a little big for multimedia speakers, and I don't think they really have the style and finese of the current pm 4.1's.

------------------

I am Canadian!!!

not in anyway advertising against my favorite brand. i find it funny that these are 'brand new' and the whole corporation's sites are ALL offline, they are selling a 2.1 system that is ported for $200. the sub is a single 6 inch driver... haha, i must laugh only because i find it funny that they use a single 6 inch driver for the 4.1 system and the 2.1 system. the sub is not much larger than the speakers, granted the speakers have 4 inch woofers for a better chance at midrange.

i would like to hear them, but considering that they are still not in stores and all the sites affiliated with the company are gone.... i think you get the point Wink.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

they certainly did not take looks into consideration, makes you think they are friends with Alon Lotus Wink.gif

a larger woofer is promising, hope that when/if klipsch makes a new promedia system that it will have a larger woofer for midrange improvement, amoung other things but lets not make another one of THOSE threads Wink.gif

if they are going to charge $200 for a 2.1 system, try to get a better sub. I think this one stops working at 56hz, effectively. not my cup of tea. but you can not dis it till to try it i suppose, except when Epson tries to make speakers... haha, that was a failure.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

quote:

Originally posted by justin_tx_16:

they certainly did not take looks into consideration, makes you think they are friends with Alon Lotus
Wink.gif

just incase you don't know what i am talking about...

exoticagr.jpg

these are the best looking Alon Lotus speakers, they are actually kinda pretty, but they make some vulgar ones too. that may have been a bad example... let me sleep on it Wink.gif LoL

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

quote:

exoticagr.jpg

these are the best looking Alon Lotus speakers, they are actually kinda pretty, but they make some vulgar ones too. that may have been a bad example... let me sleep on it
Wink.gif
LoL

hmm... well yes those are very nice looking speakers. Very nice indeed. The champagne bottle and glass are a nice added touch, for a dramatic effect. It's almost like they're showpieces...

------------------

I am Canadian!!!

quote:

Originally posted by sj993:

hmm... well yes those are very nice looking speakers. Very nice indeed. The champagne bottle and glass are a nice added touch, for a dramatic effect. It's almost like they're showpieces...

To be exact... that is a bottle of White Wine with a Wine bottle, nothing champagne about it hehe Wink.gif Though that would have been a better choice IMHO.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

quote:

To be exact... that is a bottle of White Wine with a Wine bottle, nothing champagne about it hehe
Wink.gif
Though that would have been a better choice IMHO.

LOL... but now, don't you mean there is a bottle of White Wine with a wine glass??? cwm30.gif

------------------

I am Canadian!!!

quote:

Originally posted by sj993:

being that those aren't "real wood" what do u think of these?

Those feature furniture finishes Smile.gif The ones above are made of real wood, but not solid, which is really a good thing. otherwise something so large and so heavy could start to bend or deform in some other way/shape/form. by using cabinet grade birch type ply wood you get a much stronger speaker that is denser and will not bend without someone wanting it to Wink.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

quote:

exoticagr.jpg

these are the best looking Alon Lotus speakers, they are actually kinda pretty, but they make some vulgar ones too. that may have been a bad example... let me sleep on it
Wink.gif
LoL

cwm24.gif

This message has been edited by Chan on 09-23-2002 at 05:14 PM

• 3 weeks later...