justin_tx_16

----------------

On 10/13/2002 9:44:55 PM justin_tx_16 wrote:

Wattage Requirements: 4200Watts RMS for the mains, the subs 2000 more watts

Frequency Responce: 16-46k Hz

Weight of System: 600lbs

Price: $120,000 per pair

----------------

No speaker is worth even 1/10 of that. They are the most hideous thing I have ever seen. My theory is that with enough speakers anything should eventually sound good. Its those speaker enclosures with a select few speakers in it that sound good---those are the companies that know their sh*t. Kinda of like a focus with a 4cyl smoking a 10cyl viper. Simply put...bigger does not always mean better.

• Like 1

----------------

On 10/20/2002 12:08:48 PM justin_tx_16 wrote:

4 cyl Focus beat a 10 cyl Viper?... I had a viper (my dad actually) and trust me, no Focus, not even with a jet engine hehe, could beat the Viper...

----------------

actually I did read in a magazine about a prototype Focus against a Z06... and it did almost win. Depending on the Viper, it is possible to beat it with a 4 cyl. Granted the new one would be tough to beat. Anything is possible...

$120000 is way too much money for speakers,no matter how great they may look or sound.For a fraction of this cost you could buy the awesome Dynaudio Evidence Temptation,the Avalon Eidolon Diamoond or the Egglestonworks Andra II.

All three have nothing to fear from nay speaker at any price,And if you like superb finishes just take a look at the Avalon Eidolon Diamnond

http://www.avalonacoustics.com/images/dia-grand.jpg

And this one...the basic Eclipse

http://www.avalonacoustics.com/images/eclip-grand.jpg

and now for the finisher

http://www.avalonacoustics.com/images/sent-grand.jpg

I heard the Eisolon(non Diamond and Avatar)these are world class,performance as good as it gets.Plus build quality to behold,the cabinet does not a box ring but a feel of a solid block of maple.Solid as a rock,no audible resonance here.

I am not going to get into it with you but this is a no bs story. I seen many many video clips of vipers getting smoked in the quarter by honda civics and even dodge neons. They are fast no doubt but they are quite big and weigh considerably more. My friend at work had a celica(had is the keyword). That car would get up and run like mad. Seen it smoke some of the baddest cars out there. My friend had a Mustang that he tuned himself that ran low 9's in the quarter and it was easily street legal and it didn't cost total to build what a Viper costs new. Do a search on a file sharing site for street racing and watch Vipers get stomped on by 4cyls.

• Like 1

True....but it goes like this. Ford could slam a V12(GT-40)in the Ford Mustang and have it destroy anything out there but they look at reality. Lets face it...put a big enough engine in any car and it shall fly. Point is this...there is no better mechanical ingenuity than that of the Shelby Cobra. Its mainly an all steel car and it set and still holds records...and oh-yea...it was like that from STOCK! The Viper can only wish it would set in history like that...chances of that happening---ZERO!!!

• Like 1

In that case, there's not a chance I'd ever own something like that. 6000 Watts just to drive those things?!! That's 6 Kilowatts. If I calculate it to Ohm's Law, that means maxed out those things would draw 50 AMPS!!!! Not only would that be %%%%%%%%% expensive, but I'd need industrial-grade electrical wiring in my house just to run those things! :-D

Not only that, above 95 dB is considered dangerous. What is the decibel count on those things?!!! I'd probably never crank them all the way unless I wanted to drown out and brown out the entire block. :-D On my Promedias I never put the sub higher than the 20% increment, because above the 9 'o 'clock position the sub's bass is no longer neutral where I am.

Wow. Overkill is a MASSIVE understatement, considering you could get an entire house where I'm from for the price of a pair of those. 9.gif