leaving on sub.

steven32

I don't think you'll run into any problems here, all the standby mode does is sets it so it draws minimal current. I suppose you'd loose a little on the electric bill, but not that much.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

Computer uses Promedia 2.1's.

I've run into a similar problem with my SVS PCi 25-31. It just doesn't wake up when I'm watching Satelite. So I have resorted to leaving it on also (or crawling behind it to turn it off if I'm going to be gone for long periods).

------------------

"May your mind be like water and mold to many things." -Bruce Lee

many times subs don't wake because the sys has been calibrated so the preamp puts out to sub at a level below flat (0db), so the sub &/or lfe output settings are negative like -5db or so.

i set the sub 1st at 0db. then use the sub's output control to bring it to the desired meter reading: 85db

in my case. then adjust all other speaks to match that.

in sum, i'd set both sub & lfe output levels at flat/0db in the preamp/receiver & use the sub's output control instead to do calibration of the sub level then the do rest of the speaks.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 09-19-2002 at 04:26 PM

hey guys talked to klipsch tech.the guy was really cool talked for ever.he said best to run 2 rsw12s split lfe in back of yamme useing monster bass conn.400 use y adapter to sub both left &right input turn up lfe on yamme and down on sub then use sub vol. on yamme to turn up or down. the lfe does move across front as action does pretty cool.wife was pretty pist when came home with another sub. OHWELL!