EV speaker model name help please

Srinath

I have a couple EV's I am hoping to see if you guys can identify, cos they aren't identifying themselves.

First one is -

Those are 12's - the driver itself is a 12trx, but was that a complete model sold by EV ? and what is it called ? This cab is all plywood except the front baffle, which appears to be very very crappy MDF or OSB.

Now I have that same driver in a smaller cab the guy swore up and down was a klipsch heresy that is all plywood. It looked like a heresy till I opened it and found that 12trxin it.

Thanks.

Srinath.

The 12 TRX or 12 TRXB was a "raw" i.e. free-standing triaxial speaker, sold back in the days when there was a market for fhose wishing to buy a speaker by itself and stick it into a DIY baffle or perhaps an EV empty cabinet, all selected out of a catalog.

I've never heard that EV speaker, but believe the TRX would be a much more massive speaker than the TRXB.  Certainly the woofer portion would have been a more robust performer.  If it says TRXB, that's probably what it was.

For more info., look at old EV listings on hifilit.com 

The 15 TRX had a shipping weight of 49 lbs.!

• Like 1