New R15PM Issue

Slipperyfish

Hey all,

Just got R15PM in the mail and hooked them up to my turntable. However, nothing changes when i power on the speakers. A green light (AUX channel per booklet) stays lit and neither pressing the button in the back or the controller work. In fact nothing seems to work on the controller. Any ideas? Did i receive a lemon?

At this point I only have the rca cable from the turn table plugged in to the speakers. Everything is hooked up as it should be. I have the speakers set to phono. The sources will not change by clicking the source change on the back or the controller (nothing works on the controller input) even with battery change. I tried hooking up my computer and it wouldnt change to that source either.

I believe I did, as I was standing over the  speaker doing every movement possible with that knob for hours. The other strange thing, is that out of the box no button works on the provided controller either. This is what makes me think something with the built in parts are faulty. I really hope this isn't the case though. :(

Sounds like a lemon.  I had a problem with the electronics on my first pair and had to exchange them.  There's been 2-3 other people that have posted potential problems with these things out of the box.  Klipsch should check the quality control on the electronics in these things.

2 minutes ago, pbphoto said:

If it has Klipsch's name on it, then they are responsible for quality control at their suppliers.

I'm not saying Klipsch isn't responsible for it, I am saying that Klipsch at home is not necessarily the one that does the inspection.

To be fair, it may have tested fine in QC.  There's points between where a problem can happen.  Someone can drop it in a warehouse, it could be jostled in shipping, it could be exposed to the elements and damage something.  There's more to it than human error in the QC area.

Just wanted to update everyone in case someone has a similar issue as I did in the future. I was able to speak with Klipsch over the phone, and they did confirm the problems I was having were due to a faulty unit and needs to be returned. Luckily amazon is overnighting a new one and it will be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed for this new set working.