KRB - Sit down and Take a Deep Breath Before Reading

lynnm

KRB

Nice bit of detective work in ID'ing the Revels!

Sheesh - Lynnm complimenting KRB ????

Next thing you know there will be a Pope who ain't Italian!!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 09-15-2002 at 07:30 PM

That buncha Avignon pretenderz don't count,(or Comptes ou Comtes dependant en su Larousse Populair favorit ) because after Le Merde stopped hitting Les Blades Whirling the Romans were firmly back holding the reins,(AKA les Reigns).

Therefore mi Amigo I declare Mein Own self Right and You wrong!!

In any event I am over 40 and You are under 20. That prety much ends the possibility of discussion in my book. Apologise for your presumption Cad!! I might then deign to forgive your impudence.

Should you fail to apologise or should I ultimately decide not to overlook your impudence you shall hear from my solicitors.

(Aside)

Really Algernon !! - Can You believe these Bloody Colonials?? The next thing - They'll pretend that we lost that silly little skirmish back in the 1770's!

WHOT ? ? s>c>

Oh My! This will hardly be welcome news at the Admiralty! Are you really sure Dear Boy ? Oh well!! There's always Upper Canada and Van Diemens Land and....

OH MY LORD!!s>c>

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 09-15-2002 at 07:50 PM

quote:

Originally posted by lynnm:

That requires a reasoned response!

Nuff said

(btw, i was wondering if you could email me the hilarious story about that quote or give me a link to it? i was thinking about it the other day and remembered it was in the website forum... but could not find it. thanks!, you crazy sob, son of bose hehe, what a cut down? no not really, just a tired 18 year old with a gov't paper due)

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

lynnm: it's all cool. I don't hold a grudge on this forum; I ONLY do battle in the individual threads. This forum is too good to start a pissy little war between members.

Serious, I know we have had our "differences" before, but I don't even care about that at all.

So, I'll reply to your posts (if I have something to say) and you should do likewise. No problems!

Next thing you know, the pope will be Buddist! Smile.gif

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

Justin

Re: My Signature Line:

I had a professor who made a point of writing a quote from a different philosopher or historic figure on the board before class each day. As the year wore on the quotes got increasingly more obscure and more difficult to understand.

One day I had the opportunity to slip into the classroom before class and erase the quote of the day and substitute my signature line:

There is of course no such bird as the Great Green Heron that flies anywhere upside down or otherwise regardless of the state of the moon. Foo + Ling = Fooling,(ever notice that the date citation changes betimes - Old Foo has been credited with having made that statement anywhere from 300 BC. to 1900 A.D.)

In any event I was delayed getting to class and when I arrived I was greeted by my classmates with an an unaccustomed silence instead of the expected smartass comments such as "So now maybe you are a part-time student??" etc.

I laughed when I saw that Foo Ling's remarks had been replaced by: "Student who mock teacher spend summer in school!" My laugh was rewarded by the prof glaring at me and saying,"Please see me in my office after class Mr. Marshall"

This was ordinarily a highly interactive class but any comments I made were either ignored or dismissed by the prof. It was one hellishly long class that day because I had obviously offended someone I saw as a great teacher and up until then a personal friend.

I went to his office and his secretary said" I have been instructed to ask you to wait." After a few looooooong minutes she said Dr.B. will see you now. You should probably be wearing a helmet - He is not very happy with you!

I went into the office and Dr. B. told me to shut the door. He then got up and went to a bookshelf,reached behind some books and produced a bottle of very fine Scotch and a couple of glasses. He poured a generous shot for each of us and toasted me saying," You S.O.B. that is the funniest stunt a student has ever pulled on me!"

He then went on to explain that my classmates and his secretary were all in on his revenge. He let out a roar of laughter when I told him they had done very well because until I saw that bottle of Scotch I had been sh*tting bricks!

We were friends for a long time after that but sadly we have lost touch over the years.

------------------

This message has been edited by lynnm on 09-15-2002 at 11:01 PM

Thats was great!!!

Come on Justin, whip out 650 more posts. Maybe it will reset to 1!!!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org