KMS Subwoofer - a plea for info!

AxeAudio

On 1/31/2017 at 2:08 PM, CECAA850 said:

Then you're in the wrong forum:lol:

I think perhaps you don't quite under the concept and purpose of a forum. A forums purpose isn't to be wrong it's a place where people can discuss and exchange ideas and possibly help others to address what ever issues they may be having.

I'll probably eventually upgrade, however currently I'm looking forward to using the audio equipment that currently available for me to use and experiment with. I also found a broken Klipsch subwoofer that I'm looking forward to repair. If you want to keep upgrading your equipment the more power to you. Today's society doesn't produce products on the same venue as in the past when many house hold consumer items were manufactured  to last 20, 30+ years. We currently live in a society that creates, designs and sell products base on planned obsolescence. I prefer not to have to support planned, actually engineered  obsolescence  and try to make due with what I have.

Some products and equipment a consumer is forced to replaced, because it's designed to fail. I believe upgrading is something that's possibly programmed into consumers. Where your mind is being influenced   to make one think that an upgrade is necessary and imminent.

I suppose the more money I have available then the more likely I'll upgrade to better quality equipment, however  what and who actually defines quality isn't always apparent. No two people think about and look at things exactly the same way, what may be an upgrade improvement for one person may not be for another.

Go ahead and upgrade, just how often may be another matter. Once a day, week, month a year, every 1, 2, 3, 5, 10+ years?

Anyway I'm tired of discussing this and want to get on with using whatever equipment I currently have.

Edited by albert

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarify I'm aware of the differences between a passive and active subwoofer. I'm not an audiophile but have been into live and recorded music since the 50's and 60's.

I purchased a used Klipsch SUB10 200 watt as-is. Seller described as won't turn on or produce sound. He was right doesn't produce any sound. The fuse hasn't blown I haven't had a chance to try and diagnose the problem, with a DMM . Most likely the amp isn't producing any power.

So I purchased a brand new Klipsch SUB12 with a two year manufacture warranty. - 300 watts FS and 500 watts RMS.