DVD-Audio: a Couple of Questions

jwadd21

Mike - The only one that worked like that for me was the Eagles Hotel CA DVD-A. That's with my Panasonic as well, but it's not a RP91....it's a RA60. I think both our players are similar though mine doesn't have the progressive scan and the Auto1,2,etc features. There is an option in the 'general' tab (I think) that speaks to video mode. I can access the DD and DTS playlists if I set this to 'on' and 'force' the player to view the DVD as a DVD-V, like Jeff said.

------------------

Ed

Thanks, Ed! I have that DVD-A as well and it's not working for me. I continue to just get the Surround Sound and Stereo play lists. I don't have a General Tab on my Action menu (Disc, Audio, Video, etc) but can access the Video Transfer Mode via the Display button, which allows you to toggle thru all kinds of stuff. After setting it to Video and then reinserting the disc, I continue to get the same choices on the DVD.

It's no big deal but I would like to know what it's doing.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

OK Mike, I checked it out again last night to get the particulars. With the DVD-A disk out of the unit, I invoked the DVD player's menu. This is a 'file folder' looking screen with several tabs across the top. The first one (from left to right) is as you say 'DISK'. Then there are several more...'VIDEO', 'AUDIO', 'DISPLAY', and finally, all the way to the right there is a tab named 'OTHERS'. It is within this tab that there is a 'VIDEO ONLY' selection. Set that to on then pop in the disk.

------------------

Ed

Ed,

In my Others tab, I only have Demo (On/Off) and nothing else. In order to invoke the Video Transfer Mode, I need to do that within the Display button (lots of lines with icons you can change values to). Even after setting that and then putting the DVD back in, I still get the same 2 options on the DVD. BTW, thanks for taking the time to help me here...

Mike