Mac C-2500 mismatched meters

USNRET

So the preamp came this week and I got it temporarily plugged in to check out before I decide / buy an amp.
The left channel meter is severely lower than the right. The audio output is balanced within reason given my room. On some media / sources I need to trim the pre amp balance maybe 1-2 dB to the left but not always (love the trim on the remote!!!)

Called the dealer today. Mac tech doesn't work weekends so will call me Monday AM. Person answering the call thought it was a meter calibration issue and perhaps I would want to cal the meter with the tech's help or he would ship out another new C2500.

After some googling I fed the pre amp a 1Khz tone from my Oppo (usb stick with mono tone) to the pre amp via digital coax.

Result was that the left meter indicates -39 dB when the right is at 0.

Feel like a new one but if it's just a matter of taking the cover off and making a meter pot adjustment well maybe if I get email stating warranty is not voided. Of course I don't have it plumbed into the system any longer and it'll be at least a week before the matching amp shows up so maybe new. Let's see how they handle the shipping, turnaround time, send me new and I'll return the bad at the same time so I don't have to wait. We'll see but the initial contact was encouraging; they could not have been more apologetic.