Pioneer Elite 47TX and 49TX

Ugly

Do any of you have experience with these receivers? I am considering the 47TX for my system with the RF package (RF-7's, RC-7, RS-7's, RSW-15, and RB 5 II's in the rear). Please let me know what you guys think about the Elite receivers verses possibly a Denon 4802. Thanks in advance for your input. My theater room is 26' by 12.5' and I run an 8' x 6' screen and Sanyo XP21N projector.

The new Pioneer Elite 47 and 49TX are Pioneer's best receivers to date.Great built quality,great onboard amplifiers and above all massive features and great sound quality.

Both share the same amp,the 49TX has an external mic for auto calibration the 47TX mic is inside the receiver.The 49TX has superior DACs and the large touchscreen remote standard.

You should be very happy with the 47TX,yes it bests the Denon 4802.But if you have the green just get the TX49 it bests all receivers save for the massive Denon 5803(even more amplifier guts).

If I had one receiver to select I would get the Pioneer 49TX!Yes even over the impressive Denon 5803.As the auto calibration works wonders.

Pioneer is back with these two massive receivers,loaded to the grills and packed with quality.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

That is the reciever we put a down payment on and ordered for my parents home theater. i loved it when they brought it here for the in house demo. there is so much technology in it, especially enjoyed how easy it was to setup. it automatically knew what type of speakers we had connected and set the crossovers and sound level accordingly and putting the remote in the main seating area allowed the system to set the delay and increase or decrease the sound level even more so to get the perfect sound. it is an awesome peiece imho. we got the 49TX for $500 off, don't remember why but when we locked in the price we got that deal, i think they were having a week long sale, they had just gotten out. hopefully around november we will get back on track with building the home theater and i can really enjoy it Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

Hi Ugly,

I've been using the 47TX with my full RS-7 HT. My room is 14'x 28' w/8' ceiling. Reciever has so much top end I rarely exceed 1/2 volume.

Has a mic for calibration built into its' very versitile remote. The onscreen set-up and automatic calibration features are easy to use.

Lots of good features, I'm happy with the way it takes mono and stereo sources and converts to 5 or 6/7 channel play.

Rated @ 130x7 @ 8 ohms. The 49TX has more inputs on the back and an enhanced decoding circut (I think).

For the price I believed it to be one of most advanced HT reciver at the time of my purchase(4/02)Went for the 47TX because of value and features and performance.

I'm really happy with it.

Dan

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it. I ordered the entire RF-series with RSW-15 sub and RB-5 II's for the rear and I ordered the Elite 47TX. I couldn't justify the extra $700 for the 49TX. I can't wait until it all arrives. I've been working on getting this all done (including room extension, projector purchase and setup, furniture etc.) for about 4 months. Thanks again for your assistance, I have no reservations about ordering the 47TX now.