Vintage dimensions

Hello,

I am deciding between a pair of excellent condition KG2s ($325 on Ebay) and similarly kept KG4s for a similar price. I can't find dimensions for the life of me for the KG2s, and I saw somewhere that they are considered "bookshelf speakers" which doesn't interest me as much. They are to accompany a nice late 70's technics integrated amp, and a Technics Q3 Turntable. Any ideas on size, punch packed etc on this would be greatly appreciated...also if $325 BEFORE shipping is insane. ALSO: I also don't have a very large room for them, so the KG4s could be overkill.

Ok, Happy Sunday to you all.

Chris

These are the 4s that are the same price. Some dimpling on the rear cone, and maybe some outer wear marks but can't figure out why they are $150 less than the rest of the KG4s on Ebay. And from CA (I'm in NY) they will probably cost a fortune to ship.

The other question this brings up, is if I do jump into the $400-$500 range to get the 4s, are the Herseys in that range better? They'll open up the potential of finding a local pickup option.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gimmeshellfish said:

These are the 4s that are the same price. Some dimpling on the rear cone, and maybe some outer wear marks but can't figure out why they are $150 less than the rest of the KG4s on Ebay. And from CA (I'm in NY) they will probably cost a fortune to ship.

The other question this brings up, is if I do jump into the $400-$500 range to get the 4s, are the Herseys in that range better? They'll open up the potential of finding a local pickup option.

I paid for a decent pair of the kg-4's in walnt $100 off my local craigslist. Heresy's are a 3 way speaker and the 4's a two way.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gimmeshellfish said:

All I will say is that condition, location and price as well as being listed on e-bay where there are seller's fees and yes a lot of times shipping fees can rule in or out some choices for a buyer. E-bay pricing is not always a determing factor as to actual worth of a Klipsch item. Market rules dictate limitations versus a site like craigs. NYCity and or state can see steep to lower prices as other locations. Would expect NY to be on the higher end of the spectrum, typically speaking. Good Hunting and let us know.

Honestly, I would think long and hard about buying a pair of speakers the size of a KG four or larger from eBay. The potential for damage is significant, and seriously, most people have no idea on how to pack them. If you were now going back-and-forth on price and are willing to go up to $500 then I would be patient and look locally and also keep your eyes out for fortes and Forte II.

• Like 1