just bought 2nd sub

steven32

Let me start out stating that I don't have two subs, but I just read my subwoofer manual last night and this is fresh in my head.

If you don't have the subs in the same location and both the subs are in phase, then (as I understand it) you could get some cancellation/constructive effects when the waves travel from each corner of the room and meet. I would gradually adjust the phase on one of the subs only until you get the best effect (loud. clean bass).

Maybe someone else can confirm this.

-PB

steven, try stacking one on top of other, or put 'em together if you have the room & see how you like that. in that case definitely leave 'em in phase.

sub placement takes some experimentation in positioning

& w/ settings such as output & phase. 2 subs takes even more, especially if you don't put 'em together. but putting them together is probably best (assuming you have the 1st one placed best).

2 camps here - TV says put 'em together & Bobg says put 'em apart. iow, think you need to experiment. Smile.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 09-21-2002 at 03:39 PM

Boa,

No there are 3 camps,my camp says FILL THE DAMN ROOM WITH SUBS(STACK'EM,LINE THEM UP). cwm4.gif

Steven32,

WHAT did the sales boy say? One out of phase and the other in phase! LOL This is called cancelation,the two subs move the same amount of air.

When the woofers of your mains go forward your ubwoofer woofers should go forward too. In phase is the only way to go here.

Ok tell TV from SVS to set up two SVS Ultras one in phase the other out.You will not hear much sub bass.

It does not matter if you use two subs or fifty subs all subs(and the rest of the system)has to be in phase.If you get more bass with one sub at the 180 position set the second sub to 180 also.

Bottom line both subs must move in and out at the same time.Not one in and the other out.Cancelation

I hope its not a salesman from Tweeter,as I said many times they dont know woofers. LOL Buy subs at WOOFER

TheEAR(s) Now theears

once I get a big house, with a dedicated music/movie room, I will have one RSW-15 per corner.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

Computer uses Promedia 2.1's.

Boa,

The outer space alien lacks subwoofer experience,this is why he thinks a sub in each corner is better...ITS NOT.

I have three large subs in the main HT and five subs in the smaller HT(Klipsch/Sunfire/ATI).

In the large room all three subs are alongside the front wall,in the smaller HT all five are also alonside the front wall.All working as a team and not fighting against each other.

Now imagine this out of phase! cwm3.gif

I guess in outer space corners are not an issue. LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 09-22-2002 at 10:32 AM

no, they're not ear. I've had subs in seperate corners before, and not had trouble.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

Computer uses Promedia 2.1's.