Hissing coming from RF-5's

Malev

I picked up a pair of RF5's yesterday and there seems to be hissing when they are turned up. I can hear it during quiet parts of movies and music, so it really bothers me. They are being powered by a Sony DA4ES..

I had a pair of jbl studio series (S38's) before these, and they did not hiss at all like the klipsch's. It is coming from BOTH speakers also, and seems to be coming more so from the horns than the woofers themselves..

anybody know what could cause this problem?

------------------

What? I thought you said this country was free..

I usually watch TV and play music in 2 channel stereo mode, so no it does not. That seems to be where its most evident..

I understand that they are "more revealing" but there was NO hiss at all at very high volumes with my S38's, so i dont see why these would do it..

------------------

What? I thought you said this country was free..

This message has been edited by Malev on 09-21-2002 at 06:48 PM

• 2 weeks later...

The hissing is not coming from or caused by the speakers. It is created by your amp. The efficiency of the Klipsch speakers displays the weakness in your amplifier. There may be nothing to be done but to replace the amp with a better one. 16.gif

John