HELP !!!!!!! RP 440C

Chris Lathan

I am new to Klipsch  but I love my speakers and I am Klipsch for life I have a pair of RP150 bookshelves speakers and I am adding a center channel so

I had a few questions when it comes to the center channel

What is the best placement for it. I know it should go under or right above my TV but should I place it in my entertainment center against the back of the wall of the entertainment center or place it on top of my entertainment center where it is not enclosed  Second how much power should my receiver push out in order to power this center channel. Ii have heard so many different answers but not from someone who actually owns one.

Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

4 hours ago, Chris Lathan said:

What is the best placement for it. I know it should go under or right above my TV but should I place it in my entertainment center against the back of the wall of the entertainment center or place it on top of my entertainment center where it is not enclosed

If you are able, I would suggest you place the center on top of your entertainment center so to prevent possible boominess that could result with it being rear ported.  I am not 100% certain that will happen but it very well could.

4 hours ago, Chris Lathan said:

Second how much power should my receiver push out in order to power this center channel. Ii have heard so many different answers but not from someone who actually owns one.

Hard to say on the power thing because all power(watts) are not created equal.  I think if you were to use a mid to upper level AVR from any of the mass producing AVR companies(Yamaha, Marantz, Denon, Pioneer, Onkyo, etc.) you will be fine under most conditions.

Bill

8 hours ago, Chris Lathan said:

Second how much power should my receiver push out in order to power this center channel.

I suggest to start at 75w/ch@8ohms with all channels driven. 

Power specs with 2 channels driven can be easily be "embellished".  Maybe look for an AVR that is spec'd at 8ohms(20HZ to 20kHz) with 2 channels driven with a minimum of 110w/ch.

Some examples here of "better" AVRs.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/avreceiver/home-audio/receivers-amps/home-theater-receivers/1.html?home_audio_key[]=121-Up Watts&r=5968cba8

Being you are only driving 3 channels, you may be able to get away with a little less power.

Bill

15 minutes ago, Chris Lathan said:

Thanks for the info on the receivers. Just one more thing to add I wanted to get the RP 240S surround sound speakers  to complete it.  I know I will need at least a 5.1 channel to push it any suggestions

Take a look at those AVRs that are in the link.  They range in price from $399.99 to upwards of $1699.99.  Some really nice ones from $599.99 to $899.99.

Not sure what your budget is but I suggest getting the most powerful with the needed features that falls within your budget.

Bill