New RP280F, RP450CA, SW112

H2OuUp2

Here is the deal, as I just got the theater room completed with my Marantz SR6011 I had the following speakers:

1.  R28F Fronts

2.  R25C Center

3.  R15M Surround

4.  R14M Back

5.  R12SW

For our anniversary, my wife got me the following

1.  RP280F (these will be my new fronts)

2.  RP450CA (my new center)

3.  SW112 (This will be my 2nd subwoofer)

I had originally gotten the Klipsch system at Best Buy on Black Friday for half off.  Though I liked them, I always stated how I would really like the RP line, but didn’t think anything about it.  I guess my wife listened, and got what she could for me.

Now.  I really would like in time to upgrade them all, but until then how would you suggest to move them around, and get your suggestions.

Here is what I was thinking. 

1.  Replace the R15M Surround with the R28F

2.  Replace the R14M with the R15M

3.  Make the R14M front Height speakers

4.  Move the new R112SW to the opposite corner of the room (make them diagonal of each other)

BTW how well do you think the RS6011 will play with the new speakers?  Enough power, etc.  I haven't made any changes yet...

I will re-run Audyssey®

Thank you to my wife for the dilemma

Thank you, fellow members, for the kind insight.

Edited by H2OuUp2

Thank you for the input, and thank you for the welcome.

I still have 30 days left to take the SR6011 back.  I noticed I could get a Denon X6300H for $1499 OTD, While I paid $909 OTD for the Marantz.

The Denon has 11 channels, and the Marantz 9 (unless you get a AMP, then it will do 11).

The Denon has 140 Watts per channel, and the Marantz 110.  The Marantz sounds really good, but right now it is still driving the 28F's, since the 280's haven't come in yet.

I don't have any experience with Denon, but I know the 6300 model  is at least two steps up from the Marantz 6011 model.  So the question is do you, or anyone else think that the Denon X6300H is $590 better than the Marantz SR6011?

Edited by H2OuUp2

Even  though it says 140per channel , if you have all channels driven you have maybe 60 to 70 watts per channel if that. I would keep the marantz and look for a second hand 2 to 3 channel amp for the three fronts as they draw the most power.

19 hours ago, H2OuUp2 said:

I found a great deal on an Outlaw 7125 (599 with a 5 year warranty)  125 watts per channel.

I'm going to run the 7 channels through it, and then the height speakers through the SR6011.

Great decision IMO.

Bill