Belle cut sheet layout with MaxCut program....works well

avguytx

I've been preparing for cutting the wood out for my Belle "clone" project I've talked about for so long that I'm sure everyone is like, "yeah, yeah...".  It's just been a busy last year and a half with family (mom passing), etc.  Attached is a file that should show the cut sheet layout that you can view once you download the freeware program from www.maxcutsoftware.com".  You might have to change around the blade kerf or other layouts based on how you can cut out full sheets and it can be modified for other versions of the Belle's, too, with some simple changes.  Great software for free.

I may modify my Belle top hats to be kind of like La Scala II's in that they are separated and use some rubber "bumpers" to allow them to stack plus easier to move.  I may also alter and make the grills more like the LS II and possibly removable with neo magnet holds like many other speakers.  Plus, I messaged @Matthews in regards to it being ok if I "borrow" his color scheme of his Black Beauty La Scala's he rebuilt as I really like that look of the black plus cane type grill cloth.  I wanted his blessing first if I decided to go that route and give him full credit for it. :)  

But it's a pretty neat program that one could use for many other things, too, to maximize the cuts on a full sheet.  You all may already know about this program or have a better method.  But if not, it works well.  Again, you have to already have the program downloaded for my file to work.  It doesn't take into account the angle cuts on the ramps on the back wall, either.  I'd thought about adding just a little extra length to those pieces just to be on the safe side with the angles that have to be done.  May go back and do that....

Belle Cut List 9.15.17.mc3

• Thanks 1