Forte 2 ?

Futurist

check out the Quartet, they are three inches shorter than a Forte uses a ten inch woofer with a K604 mid horn (same as Forte 2) and a smaller magnet structure on the tweeter with an interesting poly tweeter diaphragm can be swapped out for a Crites ti diaphragm (improvement). I dropped a K79 into mine with ti diaphragms as well as ti mid diaphragms and a pair of KLF20 woofers and then mass loaded the passives with 2.5 ounces braced and damped the cabinets tweakes all the drivers and the passives, better than either my Forte or Forte 2. Removed the stock risers and put them up on 16" four post stands by Skylan Stands.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Futurist said:

Is there anything that is like a step down from the Forte?

Your thread topic was "Forte 2."  I presume you mean another model other than the Forte line, price-wise.

@moray jamesgave an excellent synopsis of the Quartet!  The main problem I see with the Quartet is that they do not come onto the market all that often, I've seen ten for sale in the last year.

The Forte II used goes for about $450 on the used market, the Quartet about $419.

Another speaker a step down which is much more readily available is the Heresy ($382) and the Heresy II ($434).

+++

Disclaimer:  All prices I listed are a simple average on the Heritage speakers I've tracked.  That means if a speaker sells for $300 and another for $100 the average will be $200 even though no speaker may have sold for that exact amount.

• Thanks 1