Klipschorns, Mark Levinson, and Audyssey

ka7niq

21 hours ago, JMON said:

For pure musical enjoyment, a pair of Klipschorns are extremely tough to beat when set up just right.

You are absolutely correct, not many speakers will beat a properly set up and fed pair of Klipschorns.

But, these Klipsch Speakers will. I wish I could afford these http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-TSCM-PRO-KLIPSCHORN-SPEAKERS-24-000-00-NEW-/322798205911?hash=item4b2845bbd7:g:sjYAAOSw8vZXMoDQ

54 minutes ago, ka7niq said:

You are absolutely correct, not many speakers will beat a properly set up and fed pair of Klipschorns.

But, these Klipsch Speakers will. I wish I could afford these http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-TSCM-PRO-KLIPSCHORN-SPEAKERS-24-000-00-NEW-/322798205911?hash=item4b2845bbd7:g:sjYAAOSw8vZXMoDQ

Are we sure that all the information in that guy's advertisement  is correct? 

• He says the mid horn is better than the one in the regular Khorns, but then he calls it a K400.  The K400 is identical to the K401 in the current regular Khorns, except that the K401 is made of a fiberglass-like material, instead of metal.  Before that, Khorns had the K400 back to 1963.  He thinks they have two different throat diameters, which they don't, unless the pro version is not a K400
  • Under "Brand" he says McIntosh ...  which brings up the question, is the Klipsch TSCM Pro-Klipschorn a product made by Klipsch, or is it made by someone else, using Klipsch-like parts and some of the same design elements?

12 hours ago, garyrc said:

Are we sure that all the information in that guy's advertisement  is correct? 

• He says the mid horn is better than the one in the regular Khorns, but then he calls it a K400.  The K400 is identical to the K401 in the current regular Khorns, except that the K401 is made of a fiberglass-like material, instead of metal.  Before that, Khorns had the K400 back to 1963.  He thinks they have two different throat diameters, which they don't, unless the pro version is not a K400
  • Under "Brand" he says McIntosh ...  which brings up the question, is the Klipsch TSCM Pro-Klipschorn a product made by Klipsch, or is it made by someone else, using Klipsch-like parts and some of the same design elements?

Gary, if it is on the Internet, it "must be true" LOL

Seriously, it is for real, here is some more info on them http://www.itishifi.com/2012/08/klipsch-tscm.html

I need to stop looking at those speakers. I have the money to buy them, but it will wipe me out.  I think he deliberately placed McIntosh in his ad, so in case anyone searching for McIntosh will find his speakers.

The reasoning being, if someone can afford McIntosh, they can afford his speakers.

108 db efficient Gary, holy sheet ! 

Edited by ka7niq
added TSCM Link

11 hours ago, ka7niq said:

Gary, if it is on the Internet, it "must be true" LOL

Seriously, it is for real, here is some more info on them http://www.itishifi.com/2012/08/klipsch-tscm.html

I need to stop looking at those speakers. I have the money to buy them, but it will wipe me out.  I think he deliberately placed McIntosh in his ad, so in case anyone searching for McIntosh will find his speakers.

The reasoning being, if someone can afford McIntosh, they can afford his speakers.

108 db efficient Gary, holy sheet ! 

Holy sheet, indeed.

A Ha!  According to the link you gave us, the mid horn is not a K400, but a K400-1.9, and it is fiberglass, as opposed to the metal K400.  I wonder if Klipsch still makes this, or if it has been basically superseded by the Jubilee?

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 9:22 PM, garyrc said:

Holy sheet, indeed.

A Ha!  According to the link you gave us, the mid horn is not a K400, but a K400-1.9, and it is fiberglass, as opposed to the metal K400.  I wonder if Klipsch still makes this, or if it has been basically superseded by the Jubilee?

Good Question ?